6. Select Calculated Member under Insert (top menu).
(NOTE: For more on creating calculated members, see Lesson One).
The Calculated Member Builder appears.
7. Type MyCalcMem2 into the Member Name box.
8. In the Value Expression box, input the following:
The Value Expression box appears as shown below.
Illustration 4: The Value Expression Box with Inserted Calculation
9. Click OK.
MyCalcMem2's values equal one-twelfth of the respective Amount of each row (the "current" row). The calculation is performed for every cell in the MyCalcMem2 column, basing its value, in each case, upon the Store dimension's current member.
10. Review the newly created MyCalcMem2 column, comparing it to the illustration below.
Illustration 5: The MyCalcMem2 Value is Based upon the Store Dimension's Current Member
11. In the Cube tree, select MyCalcMem2 in the Calculated Members folder for the Budget cube.
The Basic tab of the Properties pane appears underneath MyCalcMem2.
12. Select the Parent Dimension property of MyCalcMem2, on the Basic tab.
Because MyCalcMem2 has Measures as its Parent Dimension, we see that MyCalcMem2 is technically a Calculated Measure.