David dropped out of high school AND college, but that didn’t stop him. He ended up teaching himself programming and eventually landed his first job as the webmaster of a World of Warcraft community website. What a beginning… We talked through “the rough slog” period of Sentry and how David powered through to traction and enough profit for him and his partner to go full time, raise three rounds of funding, and take on New Relic.
Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2018. Start your server - head to linode.com/changelog
- Vettery – Vettery helps you scale your teams by connecting you with highly qualified tech, sales & finance candidates. Download their tech salary report for 2018 with insights from tech hiring activity in New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Washington D.C. Download at vettery.com/founderstalk.
- Algolia – Our search partner. Algolia's full suite search APIs enable teams to develop unique search and discovery experiences across all platforms and devices. We're using Algolia to power our site search here at Changelog.com. Get started for free and learn more at algolia.com.
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
Notes and Links
- Sentry on crunchbase.com
- Sentry raises $16M Series B from NEA and Accel to help developers squash bugs more quickly
- Real-time crash reporting tool Sentry grabs $9 million from NEA & Accel