For the new PivotTable List, we need to establish a connection with our source data, an Analysis Services cube.
8. Click the link, labeled Click here to connect to data that is centered on the lower portion of the new PivotTable List.
The Commands and Options dialog appears, displaying the Data Source tab.
9. Select the Connection option by clicking the radio button alongside Connection in the Get Data Using section of the dialog.
The Commands and Options dialog- Data Source tab appears as shown in Illustration 4.
Illustration 4: The Commands and Options Dialog
10. Click the Edit button to the right of the Connection box.
The Select Data Source dialog box appears.
11. Click-select the +Connect to a New Data Source option, as shown in Illustration 5.
Illustration 5: The Select Data Source Dialog
12. Click the Open button.
The Data Connection Wizard is initialized.
13. Select Microsoft SQL Server OLAP Services, as shown in Illustration 6.
Illustration 6: Select Microsoft SQL Server OLAP Services
14. Click Next.
The Data Connection Wizard - Connect to Database Server dialog appears.
15. Type in the Server name (mine is MOTHER in this illustration).
16. Choose the appropriate log on credentials for the local environment.
The Data Connection Wizard - Connect to Database Server dialog appears as shown in illustration 7.
Illustration 7: The Completed Data Connection Wizard - Connect to Database Server Dialog
17. Select Next.
The Data Connection Wizard - Choose Data dialog appears.
18. Select FoodMart 2000 in the "...database that you want" selector.
19. Ensure that the Connect to a Specific Cube or Table checkbox is checked.
20. Select the HR cube in the selection list below.
The completed Data Connection Wizard - Choose Data dialog appears as shown in Illustration 8.
Illustration 8: The Completed Data Connection Wizard - Choose Data Dialog
21. Click Next.
The Data Connection Wizard - Finish dialog appears.
22. Leave the File Name at default.
23. Type FoodMart 2000 - HR Salary Cube in the Description box, if necessary.
The Data Connection Wizard - Finish dialog should now resemble that shown in Illustration 9.
Illustration 9: The Completed Data Connection Wizard - Finish Dialog
24. Click the Finish button.
We are returned to the Commands and Options dialog- Data Source tab, which appears as depicted in Illustration 10.
Illustration 10: The Commands and Options Dialog