For many of us, we see mountains as a symbol of beauty, challenge, and opportunity. Mountains are amazing physical creations, but there are also metaphysical mountains we must climb in our minds to achieve great heights. We want to give you the tools to make the highest climb, so allow these mountain quotes to inspire you to conquer the obstacles in your life so you can soar to new heights.
Mountains offer plenty of benefits to human life. These majestic land masses provide recreation for humans, are a source of fresh water and they also have lots of health benefits. Besides, mountains provide a unique habitat for animals and vegetation, and also affect global and local weather and climate
All in all, mountains bring a lot of positivity to different aspects of our lives. So if you get the opportunity, why not plan your next vacation or getaway in the mountains? There are many activities you can do in the mountains, such as hiking, climbing, skiing, and camping.
To celebrate them, below is our collection of inspirational, adventurous, and motivational mountain quotes and mountain sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
We also have a compilation of forest quotes that will motivate you to appreciate nature. Be sure to read that as well.
Mountain quotes celebrating new heights in your life
1. “You have to conquer every before you can reach the top of the mountain.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
2. “He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
3. “That’s what mountains do, they taunt you, lure you to the freedom of the wilderness, and it is fucking exhilarating.” ― Shannon M Mullen
4. “Mountains are not stadiums where I satisfy my ambition to achieve, they are the cathedrals where I practice my religion.” – Anatoli Boukreev
5. “The mountains are calling and I must go.” – John Muir
6. “Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley.” – Theodore Roethke
7. “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.” – Muhammad Ali
8. “Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with and in love with oblivion.” ― Robert Macfarlane
9. “Only mountains can feel the frozen warmth of the sun through snow’s gentle caress on their peaks” ― Munia Khan
10. “The mountains here contained a sense of time, geologic time. They lay in embryo, a process unfolding, or a shriveled dying perhaps. They had the look of naked events.” ― Don DeLillo
Also read these motivational quotes about camping that will get you outdoors.
Mountain quotes to give you inspiration
11. “Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.” – John Muir
12. “Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge, enjoy the air and behold the view. Climb it so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.” – David McCullough Jr.
13. “When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.” – Wilma Rudolph
14. “You don’t need to climb a mountain to know that it’s high.” ― Paulo Coelho
15. “The top of one mountain is always the bottom of another.” – Marianne Williamson
16. “Life is a mountain of solvable problems, and I enjoy that.” – James Dyson
17. “When you scale a mountain, you have to leave your ego at home.” ― Anthony T.Hincks
18. “There is always a mountain ahead, that must be conquered.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
19. “The mountains themselves call us into greater stories.” ― Donald Miller
20. “The mountains were so wild and so stark and so very beautiful that I wanted to cry. I breathed in another wonderful moment to keep safe in my heart.” ― Jane Wilson-Howarth
Also read these inspirational lake quotes that will bring your life peace.
Mountain quotes to inspire you to keep climbing the mountains you face in your life
21. “May your dreams be larger than mountains and may you have the courage to scale their summits.” ― Harley King
22. “I’ve realized that at the top of the mountain, there’s another mountain.” – Andrew Garfield
23. “Mountains are freedom. Treat them respectfully.” – Conrad Anker
24. “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Barry Finlay
25. “It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.” – Edmund Hillary
26. “Great men are rarely isolated mountain peaks; they are the summits of ranges.” – Thomas Wentworth Higginson
27. “Summit of a mountain is not the upper end of that mountain because every mountain has a soul higher than his body!” ― Mehmet Murat
28. “We can only climb the mountains because there’s a valley that makes the mountain a mountain.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
29. “Trust me, there are things in this mountain that will make your jaw bounce off the floor.” ― Jaleigh Johnson
30. “Mountains are like Challenges… I climb upon them and then face them.” ― Sagar Gosavi
Mountain quotes to inspire you to seize your opportunities
31. “Somewhere between the bottom of the climb and the summit is the answer to the mystery why we climb.” –Greg Child
32. “Whatever that means, however you got on that mountain, why not try to climb it? And do it in your own way.” – Stephen Curry
33. “You can’t move mountains by whispering at them.” – Pink
34. “In the presence of eternity, the mountains are as transient as the clouds.” – Robert Green Ingersoll
35. “I think, every time I’m on the mountain, I’m just so thankful to be there.” – Chloe Kim
36. “Mountains know secrets we need to learn. That it might take time, it might be hard, but if you just hold on long enough, you will find the strength to rise up.” – Tyler Knott
37. “I ascended the mountains to hear the voice of God, and was answered in echoes from afar.” ― Meeta Ahluwalia
38. “Always be thankful for the little things… even the smallest mountains can hide the most breathtaking views!” ― Nyki Mack
39. “Without the energy that lifts mountains, how am I to live?” ― Mīrābāī
40. “All mountain people are like that. No matter where you go, the mountains call you back.”― Karan Bajaj
Don’t forget to also read these Greta Thunberg quotes about climate change and more.
Mountain quotes to inspire you to reach the top
41. “Never measure the height of a mountain until you reach the top. Then you will see how low it was.” –Dag
42. “We’ve climbed the mighty mountain. I see the valley below, and it’s a valley of peace.” – George W. Bush
43. “I believe that the ascent of mountains forms an essential chapter in the complete duty of and that it is wrong to leave any district without setting foot on its highest peak.” – Sir Leslie Stephen
44. “If I see a mountain, I just pick up and hike it.” – Aurora
45. “Mountains are the beginning and the end of all natural scenery.” – John Ruskin
46. “The stillness on the mountain top is only disrupted by the sound of my heartbeat within my ears.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
47. “No single mountain ever came to me…so I always go to them.” ― Erik Tanghe
48. “Without mountains, we might find ourselves relieved that we can avoid the pain of the ascent, but we will forever miss the thrill of the summit. And in such a terribly scandalous trade-off, it is the absence of pain that becomes the thief of life.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
49. “The climb speaks to our character, but the view, I think, to our souls”
― Lori Lansens
50. “So this was what a mountain was like, the same as a person: the more you know, the less you fear.” ― Wu Ming-Yi
Also read these elephant quotes to celebrate animals and nature.
More mountain quotes and sayings
51. “The special forces gave me the self-confidence to do some extraordinary things in my life. Climbing Everest then cemented my belief in myself.” – Bear Grylls
52. “Chasing angels or fleeing demons, go to the mountains.” – Jeffrey Rasley
53. “The violets in the mountains have broken the rocks.” – Tennessee Williams
54. “You need mountains, long staircases don’t make good hikers.” – Amit Kalantri
55. “What would be ugly in a garden constitutes beauty in a mountain.” – Victor Hugo
56. “The summit is what drives us, but the climb itself is what matters.” – Conrad Anker
57. “My father considered a walk among the mountains as the equivalent of churchgoing.” – Aldous Huxley
58. “Man can climb to the highest summits, but he cannot dwell there long.” – George Bernard Shaw
59. “Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached the top. Then you will see how low it was.” – Dag Hammarskjold
60. “The mountains are a demanding, cold place, and they don’t allow for mistakes.” – Conrad Anker
Which of these mountain quotes was your favorite?
There are a lot of reasons to celebrate mountains and the many gifts they offer us. If you visit them on a regular basis, you’ll be able to enjoy the many benefits mountains have on the mind, body, and soul.
Hopefully, these quotes have given you the inspiration and motivation you need to overcome the obstacles in your life and achieve your goals and dreams.
Which of these mountain quotes resonated with you best? Do you have any other favorite quotes to share with us? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.
The post 60 Mountain Quotes Celebrating New Heights in Your Life appeared first on Everyday Power.