- Google placed a dedicated COVID-19 news panel on the YouTube homepage which houses authoritative content about the pandemic.
- The new panel has gone live in 16 countries, and will be placed under the Recommended videos section.
- The COVID-19 news panel includes the latest videos from various reputable news sources and is meant to reduce the spread of fake news.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories.
Google is building a nationwide COVID-19 information site that should also include details about screening and testing locations, but the resource isn’t available to the public yet. But that’s not the only thing Google is doing to improve access to accurate information about the coronavirus pandemic.
Over the past few weeks, Google has been policing coronavirus content on YouTube to prevent misinformation from going viral. You may have seen banners appearing on the video streaming site that pointed you to genuine COVID-19 information. Google is now ready to step up those efforts by making a huge change to the YouTube homepage. A COVID-19 news shelf has gone live in 16 countries, and you should start seeing it soon.
Today's Top Deals
- DIY face mask: How to make your own medical mask for coronavirus
- Amazon’s running out of deals – get these 10 deep discounts while you can
- 8 special limited-time deals only available to Amazon Prime members
Trending Right Now:
- New study finally reveals how long coronavirus survives on surfaces and in the air
- A drug called losartan might help us beat coronavirus
- Best Buy just kicked off a giant 3-day sale – here are the best deals
YouTube’s dedicated coronavirus news panel goes live in 16 countries originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 20 Mar 2020 at 19:07:58 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.