Washington, D.C. – Today, American Investment Council President and CEO Drew Maloney released the following statement after the inauguration of President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris.
“We congratulate President Biden and Vice President Harris on their inauguration and look forward to working with their team. During the Biden-Harris Administration, private equity will continue to help more Americans get back to work, build better businesses of all sizes, develop sustainable energy, and advance healthcare solutions that will help save lives and end the pandemic.”
“In 2020 alone, the private equity industry invested over $561 billion in over 4,300 companies across all sectors of our economy – and our strong record of investment will continue in the years ahead as we help rebuild America’s economy.”
Today, the American Investment Council also released new data showing how much the private equity industry invested across America in 2020 and throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2020, private equity invested.
$561.3 Billion in 4335 companies
- $53.9 billion was invested in 2,108 small businesses
- 71% of the 2020 investments were under $100 million
Top 2020 Investments Include:
- Dilligent, New York, NY
- Briggs and Stratton, Wauwatosa, WI
- Sustainable Power Group, Salt Lake City, UT
- 1-800-Contacts, Orem, UT
- Verily Life Sciences, San Francisco, CA
Industry Investment By Sector:
- Business to Business – 1,493 Investments
- Information Technology – 867 Investments
- Healthcare – 735 Investments
- Consumer – 603 Investments
- Financial Services – 386 Investments
- Energy – 155 Investments
- Materials and Resources – 96 Investments
Click here to learn more about how industry’s strong record of investing in America throughout 2020.
The post AIC Welcomes President Biden and Vice President Harris appeared first on American Investment Council.