The federal government is in the midst of several massive, complex undertakings at the moment stemming from the coronavirus pandemic that we’ve all been living with for more than a year now -- the efforts including, for one thing, a staggeringly large vaccination effort for most of the US population.
On a somewhat related note, the government is also in the final throes of sending out new stimulus checks funded by the $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief legislation President Biden signed on March 11. The stimulus checks, generally for $1,400, represent the third such direct payment to Americans since the onset of the pandemic, with the first two such stimulus checks being distributed by the Trump administration. Understandably, there have been hiccups with both of these efforts, given how immense they are and how much bureaucracy is involved -- which is cold comfort to the Americans out there who still haven’t received one or both of the Trump stimulus checks from last year.
Today's Top Deal
Today's Top Deals
- You won’t believe these 5 headphones on Amazon cost $28 or less
- This one-of-a-kind kitchen gadget is $37 at Amazon – now I can’t cook without it
- Amazon coupon slashes $100 off this awesome 4K camera drone – now just $90!
Trending Right Now:
- If you’re one of the 1 million+ people who bought this product, stop using it now
- If you got stimulus checks in 2020, you might’ve made a big mistake that needs to be fixed
- A huge trove of credit card records and Social Security numbers just got hacked
An important stimulus check update you need to read right now originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 9 Apr 2021 at 13:17:57 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.