Spider-Man: No Way Home might see some characters from past Spider-Man film incarnations appear (such as Doc Ock), but The Amazing Spider-Man star Andrew Garfield isn’t one of them.
On the latest episode of the Happy Sad Confused podcast, Garfield addressed rumors that he would appear in the upcoming Spider-Man: No Way Home alongside Tom Holland and Tobey Maguire’s Spider-Man characters.
“There isn’t anything to ruin! It’s so crazy. It’s f–king hilarious to me,” said Garfield. “I see how often Spider-Man is trending and people freaking out about a thing, and I’m just like, ‘Guys… Guys, guys, guys. I recommend that you chill.’ I can’t speak to anything except for myself… I ain’t got a call.”
When asked again, Garfield was even more blunt with his answer.
“Haven’t I just said that? I did not get a call,” Garfield declared. After it was joked that maybe Garfield was shot guerilla-style without his permission, Garfield once again broached the subject. “Listen, I would’ve gotten a call by now. That’s all I’m saying. I don’t want to ruin anything [potentially happening] … maybe they’re going to call me and say, ‘Hey people want this.’ Maybe they’re doing some market research.”
Andrew Garfield is ready to talk about those rumors about his return as Spider-Man. You might be surprised to see what he has to say. Watch the full interview on the brand new #happysadconfused patreon! https://t.co/e84Wokl1SQ pic.twitter.com/Civpe3Am5p
— Josh Horowitz (@joshuahorowitz) May 4, 2021
Holland previously said that he doesn’t know anything about their involvement.
“If they are [in the film], they haven’t told me yet…” Holland said. “That would be something that Marvel would do. I watch the film and be like ‘So that’s who that tennis ball was!’”
Spider-Man: No Way Home releases in theaters on December 17, 2021.