Over 50 hands-on recipes to efficiently administer, maintain, and use your Apache Kafka installation
About This Book
- Quickly configure and manage your Kafka cluster
- Learn how to use the Apache Kafka cluster and connect it with tools for big data processing
- A practical guide to monitor your Apache Kafka installation
Who This Book Is For
If you are a programmer or big data engineer using or planning to use Apache Kafka, then this book is for you. This book has several recipes which will teach you how to effectively use Apache Kafka. You need to have some basic knowledge of Java. If you don't know big data tools, this would be your stepping stone for learning how to consume the data in these kind of systems.
What You Will Learn
- Learn how to configure Kafka brokers for better efficiency
- Explore how to configure producers and consumers for optimal performance
- Set up tools for maintaining and operating Apache Kafka
- Create producers and consumers for Apache Kafka in Java
- Understand how Apache Kafka can be used by several third party system for big data processing, such as Apache Storm, Apache Spark, Hadoop, and more
- Monitor Apache Kafka using tools like graphite and Ganglia
This book will give you details about how to manage and administer your Apache Kafka Cluster.
We will cover topics like how to configure your broker, producer, and consumer for maximum efficiency for your situation. Also, you will learn how to maintain and administer your cluster for fault tolerance. We will also explore tools provided with Apache Kafka to do regular maintenance operations. We shall also look at how to easily integrate Apache Kafka with big data tools like Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Storm, and Elasticsearch.
Style and approach
Easy-to-follow, step-by-step recipes explaining from start to finish how to accomplish real-world tasks.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Initiating Kafka
Chapter 2. Configuring Brokers
Chapter 3. Configuring a Producer and Consumer
Chapter 4. Managing Kafka
Chapter 5. Integrating Kafka with Java
Chapter 6. Operating Kafka
Chapter 7. Integrating Kafka with Third-Party Platforms
Chapter 8. Monitoring Kafka