ArangoDB gains more and more traction in 2016! The whole team is amazed by the feedback of our users and the accelerating number of Stargazers and Contributors joining the ArangoDB Community. Big thanks to all of you from the US, Brazil, India and Europe… you make everything possible!
On the technical side we just released ArangoDB 2.8.2 and it is now available for download.
ArangoDB 2.8.2 maintenance release with several replication improvements and bug fixes is available for download .
You can find a full list of changes in our change-log (2.8.2).
Articles and Presentations
- ArangoDB tutorial for all our Portuguese-speaking friends (by Christiano Anderson) and Introdução ao ArangoDB (by Vinicius Cruz)
- Configure ArangoDB in strapi (by @dog_in_the_hat)
- Upgrading docker containers with attached data (by Andreas Streichardt)
- Small Things in ArangoDB 2.8: Explain Improvements, POW, Arangoimp
- ArangoDB 2.8.2 Maintanence Release with Replication Improvements
Documentation and Cookbook
- If you’re stuck in the past (XML). Here’s your bridge into the future: How to add XML data to ArangoDB?
- Compiling ArangoDB under Windows (Updated)
- How to kill a long-running query ?
New and Updated Drivers
- (Go) Arangolite v1.3.0: Lightweight golang driver for ArangoDB (Fabien Herfray )
- (Java) arangodb-java-driver 2.7.2: Bugfix release (Achim Brandt )
- (PHP) arangodb-php-driver v2.8.1: Performance improvements (Jan Steemann )
- (Python) pyArango : Updated documentation, small fix (Tariq Daouda )
Projects and Integrations
- (Dash) arango-dash – ArangoDB DocSet for Dash & Zeal (Ferron H )
- (Gentoo) Updated Gentoo Portage overlay for ArangoDB (Graham Bevan )
- (Reekoh IoT) arangodb-storage – ArangoDB Storage Plugin for the Reekoh IoT Platform (Reekoh )
- (Mesos) arangodb-mesos-framework build6 – ArangoDB framework for DCOS (ArangoDB)
- (Mesos/Docker) arangodb-mesos-docker – ArangoDB docker container for Mesos (ArangoDB)
- (Mongo/Arango) mongo2arango Tool for copying data from MongoDB to ArangoDB (Bruno Bonnin )
- (Zeppelin) zeppelin-arangodb-interpreter ArangoDB Interpreter for Apache Zeppelin (Bruno Bonnin )
Questions on Stack Overflow
- How to do Fulltext search on the below Document with ArangoDB?
- How do I get elapsed time in the rest interface with ArangoDB?
- What does building an application in ArangoDB Foxx offer beyond a regular node application
- ArangoDB with custom JS
- ArangoDB: Best modelling strategy to reference leaf in a tree like structure
- Negative filterVertices option for traversal
- ArangoDB: Is it possible to use an existing collection within Foxx
- Multiple instances of ArangoDB on same server
- Foxx import from another app in a periodic job throws error on Windows 7
- Scaling graph traversals in ArangoDB
- How to Compare Two Similar Graphs in ArangoDB that the result would yield the difference in Paths and Vertices?
- How to backup/dump structure of graphs in ArangoDB
- Configuring label attributes in Graph Viewer
- Recursive traversal in AQL ArangoDB
- Neo4j vs. ArangoDB when modelling a social network
- Safe removal of vertexes in ArangoDB (using _ids)?
- What’s the best method to to filter graph edges by type in AQL
Not answered yet:
- How to improve the retrieve Query performance in ArangoDB 2.7 with increasing the number of documents within a single collection
- Feb 25, 2016 – Cologne: ThoughtWorks
Did you know?
There is a cool POC for ArangoDB front-end from our community member – ArangoDB-view. Remember /view when mounting.
By the way, you can vote for ArangoDB to get packaged by Bitnami cloud Hosting Library.