Job Description/Description of Work
The Enterprise Resource Management team, as part of the broader Integration department, focuses on delivering and optimizing the best solutions for the demand and supply of our IT population
The overall aim is to have the right resources, with the right skills at the right time, at the right locations, at the right costs and with the right utilization (six rights). This aim is enabled through several projects and initiatives that are either currently fully operational and running or are still yet to be kicked-off.
Whilst the Enterprise Resource Management department is interoperable and fluid, it consists of four main arms: Resource Management, Workforce Planning, Sourcing and Recruitment. The Business Analyst will focus primarily on the Recruitment arm of Enterprise Resource Management. Recruitment focuses on enhancing and finding new innovative solutions of increasing best practices and our way of working when sourcing to fulfill demand. With the current focus in Shell IT being geared towards optimizing and changing our organization to be greatly more effective in order to be competitive in today’s market, recruitment is pivotal in order to achieve these goals.
The Enterprise Resource Management Team is looking for an experienced Business Analyst to help initiate and deliver these initiatives and projects
The Business Analyst is responsible for identifying and documenting the business needs of Senior Business IT stakeholders and helping to determine feasible solutions to meet business needs or resolve business problems. This position will give you high visibility in the IT organization and offers a great opportunity to grow to become an active thought partner and solution visionary who shapes the technology demand and direction in the business IT community.
This position has the following accountabilities:
- Capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements, including health, safety, security, usability, data, and supportability considerations.
- Translate business requirements into solutions and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options.
- Assess and model processes, data flows, and technology to understand the current value and issues, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Create clear documentation to communicate requirements and related information; keep updated to align with the solution over the project lifecycle
- Ensure traceability of requirements from business needs and requirements, through testing and scope changes, to final solution.
- Interact with designers and developers to understand software limitations, deliver elements of system and data (base) design, and ensure that business requirements and use cases are handled.
- Create acceptance criteria and validate that solutions meet business needs through defining and coordinating testing.
- Create and present compelling business cases to justify solution value and establish approval, funding and prioritization.
- Initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and control Business Analysis activities on projects within agreed parameters of cost, time and quality.
- Understand and stay abreast of relevant architectures and technologies related to a business area. Research potential solutions and innovative ideas.
- Lead stakeholder management activities including facilitation of opportunity framings, large design sessions, or problem solving workshops