It’s only the third week of January, so it’s not too late to still cover predictions for 2018, especially if they are on a specific topic. I last spoke with Lucas Carlson the Senior Vice President of Strategy at Automic in July. We spoke again to discuss the current state of containers and Serverless and how these technologies will develop in 2018.
- Why containers became popular in the last 2 years and what Docker did differently.
- Why so many developers want to use containers.
- When are containers useful.
- Orchestrating containers.
- What’s pushing adoption of containers and serverless?
- What is serverless and who is using it for what?
- What will the future use cases of serverless be?
- What serverless offers over containers.