After you create reports in CRM then you tell your friend that you’ve uploaded into CRM, it is possible for them to not be able to see your newly uploaded report in CRM, but you can see this report.
Well..Actually, they are two types of Report: Organization and Individual
If you set Organization, so all users with privilege to view Report can view this report.
If you set Individual, then this report is yours, basically, then you can let other users to see, just after you share the report to them.
So, why some reports after I check are set to Organization and other reports are set to Individual? What is the default value? Or why and when we will have Organization or Individual?
Actually, to upload the report, if you notice, you can have two ways, one is through Reports in sitemap and another one is through Customization or Solution
So, in this post I also explain about uploading Reports.
1. Through Reports (sitemap)
Then you create new Report
Then, you will not see the reports in the Customization and Solution, so that you cannot export import to other CRM environment since it is not considered as component.
2. Through Customization
*Notice: now 55 reports.
You cannot add Existing Report, which is from Individual Report as well.
Then, back to topic, where is my report?? Why my colleague cannot see my report?
You need to go to the Reports, and you will know that your report is actually an individual report, change from Individual to Organization to make other users can see your report.
Go back to the Customization or Solution, and refresh the Grid.
*Now, it is showing 56 records and you can see your new report as a solution component.
And..you cannot change back the report to Individual.
1. To make your reports to be viewable by other users, you should set to Organization.
2. If you set Individual, you can assign and share the report as well to selected users or teams.
3. If you create new report through Customization or Solution, then by default,the ‘Viewable By’ will be set to Organization.
4. If you create new report through Reports in sitemap, then by default, the ‘Viewable By’ will be set to Individual.
5. After you change the ‘Viewable By’ setting from Individual to Organization, it will be considered as solution component.
6. It means, only Organization Reports that will be export-able and import-able during export and import solution from one environment to another one.
7. Individual report cannot be transferred to another environment as a solution component.
8. Once you change from Individual to Organization, you cannot revert back to Individual.
This might be a simple thing, but sometimes I still encounter this issue after creating the report
Hope it is helpful for you.
Thank you, have a nice day, and happy holiday!