About this job
Location options: Visa sponsor
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Junior, Mid-Level
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Banking, Financial Services, Financial Technology
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Private
terraform, kubernetes, amazon-web-services, apache, google-cloud-platform
WeLab is a leading fintech company in Asia, which operates one of first licensed digital banks in Asia – WeLab Bank, as well as multiple leading online financial services businesses including WeLend and WeLab Bank in Hong Kong, WeLab Digital (我来数科), Taoxinji (淘新机), Wallet Gugu (钱夹谷谷) and Tianmian Tech (天冕科技) in Mainland China and Maucash in Indonesia. WeLab aims to bring joy to everyone’s financial journey. We strive to improve people’s lives by reinventing financial services through game-changing technology. We put our people first, whether it’s our customers or our employees.
As the only homegrown Hong Kong fintech to receive a virtual banking license, we aim to reinvent and redefine the banking experience by building a bank we love.
We are an energetic and passionate team that can deliver and execute. We are looking for other intellectually curious, open-minded and smart-working individuals who are just as passionate as we are about making financial services enjoyable. Now you have the opportunity to join us on our journey to achieve our vision and be part of building a better financial future for everyone.
- You're a go-getter with mad juggling skills (or multiple hats) who can thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment
- You have a strong thirst for knowledge and are driven to find solutions that don't exist yet
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and extremely resourceful (in your past life you could've been a detective)
- You always find a way to get things done without sacrificing the quality of your work, integrity and values. No task is off limits for you.
- You are humble and prioritize the success of the team over your own with an eagerness to help those around you
- You don't shy away from challenges and have the ability to bounce back from setbacks
What you’ll do and what success looks like in this role
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Manage our Continuous Deployment Pipeline (Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment)
- Write and maintain automation scripts to increase repeatability and decrease time required to keep our system running
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
What is required and what we’re looking for
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 3+ years of DevOps and Infrastructure experience in a cross-functional delivery-focused agile environment
- Experience with test and deployment automation, CI / CD
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code and tooling, such as Terraform
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Extensive experience with AWS, including services such as EC2, Elasticsearch, RDS, CloudWatch, CloudFront, IAM, etc.
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g., Apache, Ruby, MSSql, Postgres)
- Cloud experience, preferably in AWS, GCP
- Experience with monitoring systems and automation software
- Attention to detail and think-outside-the-box mentality
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Good command of English and Chinese
- Competitive salary
- Learning and development stipend, because we value lifelong learning and believe the best way to invest in our employees is to encourage them to continue to learn
- Work hard and laugh lots (chicken wings and french toast, etc.) with a high-performing, fun and diverse team
- Happiness Dollars for spending on anything that makes you happy
- Coffee stipend
- Conveniently located office surrounded by diverse and delicious lunch options
- Lively office with gaming consoles and a ping pong table
- Fun extracurricular activities with your colleagues like hiking, yoga, badminton, wine tasting, dragon boat racing, rock climbing, etc.
- Employee referral bonuses
Awards & recognition:
- Financial Times (FT) 2020 Asia-Pacific High-Growth Companies – #2 ranked company
- 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50 List – #11, only company included from Hong Kong and just one of five from Asia
We offer competitive salary package to the successful candidate. If you are interested in joining this exciting team, please apply with resume via the "Apply" button.
All information provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only. Information of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed within 24 months of receipt.