About this job
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: DevOps, QA/Test Developer
Industry: Data & Analytics, E-Commerce, Food & Beverage
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Private
reactjs, testing, java, automated-tests, git
As a DevOps Test Engineer at Albert Heijn, you are part of AH Technology. You play a crucial role by always asking important questions to make sure we are prepared for any bug or error in the software. Together with your colleagues at the ambitious Customer Technology Platform, you share your knowledge to further improve the customer experience for the over one million monthly users of our online shopping products at Albert Heijn.
More in detail, as a DevOps Test Engineer at AH Technology you:
- Have a leading role in continuously assessing the quality of our software, this includes app- and web testing.
- Use your curiosity and ask critical questions like ‘what risks are there if this goes to production?’ and ‘are there possible problems with the solutions we are building?’
- Are continuously looking for ways to improve the test process and you coordinate this with other testers and colleagues.
- Intercept possible threats and weaknesses in the software and sharing your findings based on facts.
- Test not only in a browser, but also isolated and directly with the services, databases, and components.
- Keep your team informed about what will be automated.
- Enable your team to grow together and add value to the business.
- Are the point of contact for testing-related advice within Marketing & Inspire.
Your new office
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one omnichannel food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, “we’re always there for you.” And with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it’s truer than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone – and making shopping fit the way people live today.
By joining our team you are part of AH Technology, where you can make your mark on the daily lives of millions of people. AH, Technology is a department transcending community consisting of the department's Data, Digital, and Tech within Albert Heijn. Our smart professionals create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. We’re continually rethinking the way people shop, pay, and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, digital, and tech. To further transform Albert Heijn into a leading Food & Tech company.
Curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field in an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate. At the Customer Technology Platform, a platform within AH Technology, you will be working in the CMS team within the Marketing & Inspire cluster. Together you contribute to the objectives of the Customer Technology Platform where your focus will be on our customers' wants and needs. We have an open and informal working environment. There’s even a high-tech gaming room available for your much-needed moments of relaxation. We also organize fun events on a regular basis so you can get to know your colleagues even better. Normally, AH Technology employees work from our bustling head office in Zaandam. However, due to the current global pandemic, all employees are working from home. We hope to be able to return to Zaandam together soon. For more information about AH Technology, you can also visit our Stack Overflow page: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/ah-technology-albert-heijn
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. That’s why you get access to best-in-class coaching and inspiring training to shape your development and career. As we work together to build on our brand and your career, you can count on (based on
40 hours per week):
- Access to best-in-class guidance and inspiring training to shape your development and career.
- A gross monthly salary up to € 4.550,-.
- Flexible working hours.
- An excellent pension plan with an employee contribution of 5.3%.
- Reimbursement for travel expenses to and from Zaandam.
- Twenty-five vacation days and 19.5 extra (work-reduction) days off, with the option of having the extra days off paid out.
- Vacation pay, so you can enjoy a well-deserved rest.
- Guaranteed dividends.
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies.
- A laptop and phone.
- A 10%-discount on your groceries at our Albert Heijn stores up to €300 per year.
- Regular fun events, and delectable samplings with free products.
At AH Technology you'll be working for one of the world's biggest retailers, and we know you are bursting with the ambition to keep up with us.
You supplement this ambition with:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a relevant education; Computer Science or IT. Or you have enough relevant work experience and the feeling that
you don’t need to prove yourself through a piece of paper.
- At least 6 years of work experience in testing, quality assurance (QA), and/or software engineering in an Agile environment.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written), excellent Dutch communication skills would be a plus.
- An understanding of context-driven testing and the DevOps way of working.
- Curiosity, a desire to learn, a love for challenges, and a can-do mentality.
And, experience with the following tech stack would be a plus: Web Services, Git, Cypress, React, REST-assured framework, Java, Kotlin, Charles, Dynatrace, Kibana, Grafana or Prometheus.
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop on board and join us on our expedition. Apply online now. We would also like to ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for AH Technology?
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position, and what kind of technical skills do you bring for this role?
- What is one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop?
- Last but not least: what are your salary expectations?
Would you like to learn more first, before you apply to AH Technology? René Lepp, Talent Acquisition Partner IT, is happy to tell you everything about AH Technology and this vacancy via firstname.lastname@example.org