Recently, Google has started testing the new Dark Theme for the Google app but only available for beta testers. However, this app would work natively when a public version comes out.
Follow the instructions below to try the new dark mode of the Google app.
- Become a Google App beta testers from here, (requires google account).
- Install/update the Google beta application.
- Open Google app, go to More > Settings > General > Theme > select Dark.
To leave the beta testing:
- Go to the testing program opt-out page.
- If needed, sign in to your Google Account.
- Select Leave the program.
- When a new version of the Google app is available, update the app.