Better Dev Link - Resource around the web on becoming a better programmer
Hi all, many readers write in to ask for more languages in code to read section. I code primarily in Go, Ruby and Elixir so I have go extra efforts to cover other languages. If you know good code to read, please suggest by email me. Thank you Divyanshu Singh for letting me know about a bug on the site.
Securing Serverless: Attacking an AWS Account via a Lambda Function
This is a hack challenge where the IAM run the lambda function has write access to S3 bucket of static side so they can be hack and overwrite S3 bucket. Try to run as much as thing in read only mode so even in those case, the damage is minimal.
EC2 Packets per Second: Guaranteed Throughput vs Best Effort
The guaranteed limit for c5.large is 823,806 packets per second and the best effort is 994,007. Bluematador write Golang program to floods the network with UDP packets, and another thread to track packets sent on a second-by-second basis to find out EC2 limitations.
Writing Less Error-Prone Code
A line of code you write in a codebase under active development may be read tens, hundreds or thousands of times. This line is likely to be adapted, moved and copied multiple times. How should we optimize for this reality of a living codebase?
Migrating Passenger from C++ to Go?
Hongli Lai, Passenger creator, think C++ is hard to learn, scares away contributors, Fragmented ecosystem of libraries, too many event loop libs: libev, libuv, libevent, Asio… He plans to rewrite Core Controller HTTP, which needs to make exactly 1 C++ call. The overhead is The overhead is similar to 3x locking+unlocking a pthread mutex.
New York Times Open Source Simplifying Serverless Secrets
NYT open source gcp-vault a new Go library that eases the use of HashiCorp’s Vault in the Google Cloud’s serverless solutions.
Code to read
- A curated list of high-quality codebases to read and study
- A clean and easy-to-use floating panel UI component for iOS
- 30 Seconds of CSS
- Fast, reliable cuckoo hash table for Node.js
- Django postgresql backend that apply migrations with respect to database locks
- a fast file manager in Bash
- yabeda: Extendable framework for collecting and exporting metrics
- GHCJS front-end for queryparser
- CLI tool to manage mongo database collection indexes through json files
- sail engine
- Celery Async Task Management App for Django
- A penetration testing framework for UNIX systems
- Project management directly from the TODO's in your codebase