Build Java Enterprise Applications and learn how Kotlin makes it easier to code them using components like JSF 2.3, Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB) 3.2, Contexts and Dependency Injection (CDI) 2.0, the Java API for WebSockets, JAX-RS 2.1, Servlet 4.0.
- An in-depth guide updated with all the latest features of Kotlin 1.2 and Java EE 8
- Build microservices in Java EE with the help of Kotlin use cases
- Explore coroutines, garbage collection, multithreading, memory management and more
Kotlin was developed with a view to solving programmers' difficulties and operational challenges. This book guides you in making Kotlin and Java EE work in unison to build enterprise-grade applications. Together, they can be used to create services of any size with just a few lines of code and let you focus on the business logic.
Kotlin for Enterprise Applications using Java EE begins with a brief tour of Kotlin and helps you understand what makes it a popular and reasonable choice of programming language for application development, followed by its incorporation in the Java EE platform. We will then learn how to build applications using the Java Persistence API (JPA) and Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB), as well as develop RESTful web services and MicroServices. As we work our way through the chapters, we'll use various performance improvement and monitoring tools for your application and see how they optimize real-world applications. At each step along the way, we will see how easy it is to develop enterprise applications in Kotlin. By the end of this book, we will have learned design patterns and how to implement them using Kotlin.
What you will learn
- Understand Kotlin syntax and appreciate why it's gaining in popularity
- Explore the Java EE ecosystem and the APIs in Java EE
- Implement applications using Kotlin
- Overcome the challenges of developing the Java EE system using Kotlin
- Gain insights into Java Message Services (JMS)
- Build RESTful MicroServices and secure applications
- Optimize applications with performance and monitoring tools
- Understand design patterns and implement them
Who this book is for
Kotlin for Enterprise Applications using Java EE is for Java EE developers who want to build their enterprise project or application with Kotlin or migrate from Java to Kotlin. Basic knowledge of programming is necessary to understand the key concepts covered in this book.
Table of Contents
- Kotlin - A first look
- Kotlin - The Game Changer !!
- An Overview to Java EE and Kotlin
- Kotlin with JSF, CDI
- Kotlin With JPA and EJB
- Enterprise Messaging with Kotlin
- Developing RESTful Services with JAX-RS 2.0
- Securing JAVA EE Applications with Kotlin
- Implementing Microservices With Kotlin
- Performance Monitoring and Logging
- Design Patterns and Best Practices with Kotlin
- Author: Raghavendra Rao K
- Pages: 388 pages
- Edition: 1
- Publication Date: 2018-11-30
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1788997271
- ISBN-13: 9781788997270