- Title: Learn Microservices with Spring Boot: A Practical Approach to RESTful Services using RabbitMQ, Eureka, Ribbon, Zuul and Cucumber
- Author: Moises Macero
- Length: 330 pages
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Language: English
- Publisher: Apress
- Publication Date: 2018-01-10
- ISBN-10: 1484231643
- ISBN-13: 9781484231647
- Sales Rank: #430518 (See Top 100 Books)
Build a microservices architecture with Spring Boot, by evolving an application from a small monolith to an event-driven architecture composed of several services. This book follows an incremental approach to teach microservice structure, test-driven development, Eureka, Ribbon, Zuul, and end-to-end tests with Cucumber.
Author Moises Macero follows a very pragmatic approach to explain the benefits of using this type of software architecture, instead of keeping you distracted with theoretical concepts. He covers some of the state-of-the-art techniques in computer programming, from a practical point of view. You'll focus on what's important, starting with the minimum viable product but keeping the flexibility to evolve it.
What You'll Learn
- Build microservices with Spring Boot
- Use event-driven architecture and messaging with RabbitMQ
- Create RESTful services with Spring
- Master service discovery with Eureka and load balancing with Ribbon
- Route requests with Zuul as your API gateway
- Write end-to-end rest tests for an event-driven architecture using Cucumber
- Carry out continuous integration and deployment
Who This Book Is For
Those with at least some prior experience with Java programming. Some prior exposure to Spring Boot recommended but not required.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: The Basic Spring Boot Application
Chapter 3: A Real Three-Tier Spring Boot Application
Chapter 4: Starting with Microservices
Chapter 5: The Microservices Journey Through Tools
Chapter 6: Testing the Distributed System
Appendix A: Upgrading to Spring Boot 2.0