This month’s release notes bring a ton of interesting bits from across the GoDaddy spectrum.
GoDaddy is GDPR compliant
GDPR has been on everyone’s lips the past few months; it’s an important step in protecting the people’s privacy on the Internet. That’s why we put in a lot of effort to comply with any and all laws that are applicable to our business operations, including data privacy and security laws such as the EU’s GDPR.
Domain privacy upgrade
Beginning May 25, 2018, GoDaddy will no longer offer Private Registration for sale to customers in GDPR affected markets, as much of the underlying value of a Private Registration (i.e. hiding personal data) is already required by the new data protection regulations (GDPR). Everyone who purchased Private Registration will be automatically upgraded for Full Domain Privacy and Protection by the end of June, at no cost. If you prefer not to upgrade to Full Domain Privacy and Protection, please call Customer Care to cancel.
Pro Monitoring discontinued, replaced by Pro Sites Uptime Monitor
Pro Monitoring was a feature available to Pro program members for the past couple of years. In an effort to consolidate your Pro program experience, we’re discontinuing this monitoring feature by June 30. This action won’t affect the uptime and/or operation of your site(s) in any way. The main reason for this is Pro Sites feature, Uptime Monitor. It’s an upgrade that you’ll love:
- Uptime availability is logged, and you’re able to go through the uptime history of each website
- You’re able to receive SMS notifications when your sites go down or get back up
- Uptime history can be included with other data in reports and sent to your clients
To activate the Pro Sites Uptime Monitor, just take the following steps:
- From GoDaddy Pro, click on the top nav selector, and choose ‘Sites’, or log in to Pro Sites directly via https://prosites.godaddy.com/dashboard/
- If your site(s) are not added to Pro Sites, add them now using the following link: https://prosites.godaddy.com/dashboard/add-website
- Activate the Uptime Monitor tool for each respective site you wish to monitor for uptime – it’s completely free of charge if the site is hosted with GoDaddy
If you have any issues or need assistance, please open a support ticket from your Pro Sites dashboard, and we will swoop in to the rescue.