Academy Sports + Outdoors is one of the nation’s largest sporting goods and outdoor retailers. It’s no surprise that we not only know how to create experiences for our customers but for our team members as well. Understanding our people and the things that matter to them the most has been at the core of the Academy culture for over 80 years. With more than 20,000 team members, we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.
Reporting into the Brand + Content organization, this role requires a strategic approach to elevating Academy Sports + Outdoors and/or its private label brands. This individual is an important contributor to our ability to build long-term brand loyalty and drive sales around key selling seasons with a customer-centric approach. Candidates must be detail-oriented, proactive, and solutions-minded. Excellent communication and focus on developing innovative plans on time and on a budget are a pre-requisite for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience required.
- 5+ years of retail marketing or brand management experience
- Ability to manage up to leaders across Marketing, Merchandising, and Product Development
- Organized with strict attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects within a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Analytical, with strong problem-solving abilities and creative resolution skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently while also being able to contribute to team projects
- Ability to prioritize to meet deadlines, solve problems, and work effectively under pressure when necessary
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels, both internal and external
- Ability to make sound decisions that help shape the direction of the brand
- Always professional, effective, and ethical as an individual contributor and member of a team
- Proficient use of software programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote
- Ideate new tactics and approaches that speak to customers in unique ways
- Manage budget and reconcile across multiple campaigns and projects
- Initiate customer research and leverage industry insights to build brand strategies, drive innovation, and strategic planning
- Engage with — and develop processes that connect — external agency partners and internal Academy Sports + Outdoors functions, including Product Development, Merchandising, and Marketing
- Identify solutions our brand can provide to customer problems
- Responsible for driving the development and execution of internal brand elements for Academy brand and/or its private brands
- Lead cross-functional teams to define objectives, strategies, and desired results on time and on-budget
- Own development and execution of campaigns that elevate brand stories while also supporting key categories and signature programs
- Partner with Creative to deliver a consistent seasonal or campaign look and feel across all touchpoints
- Connect content and media strategy to optimize the brand message
- Provide regular status reports & communications for key campaigns
- Duties may change; team members may be required to perform other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements & Attendance
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.