10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for December 26, 2019
You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, December 26, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] Kidspace Children’s Museum in Pasadena hosts Snow Days from Dec. 26-30. The event features real snow, live entertainment, interactive story time, cookie decorating, crafts and a dance party.
2. [11 a.m.] Winter Fest OC brings a family-friendly winter wonderland to the OC Fair and Event Center through Jan. 5
3. [noon] The Paley Center for Media celebrates the holidays with family-friendly experience PaleyLand. Guests can enjoy daily screenings of classic holiday TV programs, a Candy Cane Forest , arts and crafts, dreidel games, and free hot cocoa. No reservations are required. Open Wednesdays through Sundays till January 5, 2020. FREE
4. [2 & 7 p.m.] Be a kid again during the 9th annual Greatest Classic Cartoons Ever! film festival at the historic Alex Theatre in Glendale. Sit back and watch Bugs Bunny, Yosemite Sam, Mighty Mouse, Popeye, Tom and Jerry, Daffy Duck and many more on the big screen. There will also be a surprise opening and live action/animation. Hosted by Frank Gladstone and Jerry Beck, the cartoon raffle prizes and all proceeds will go to support the Alex Film Society, a non-profit arts organization. Showings are at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
5. [sunset] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a free night time art experience covering 12 acres of Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles and the newly renovated Music Center Plaza. Whimsical artistic projections and light displays will illuminate paths and play off of the park’s most iconic elements. The holiday-inspired event will run nightly from Dec. 6 to 25. FREE
6. [6 p.m.] Here and Now transforms it’s space into a holiday bar called Blitzen’s from December 3-31. Get transported to the the North Pole and enjoy 15 festival cocktails, a seasonal food menu with offerings like Christmas poutine, themed entertainment and more. On Thursday they’ll host Drag Queen Bingo “Regift Your Shit Gift” event from 6-9 p.m.
7. [7:30 p.m.] There is a free screening of the documentary film Voice of the Eagle: The Enigma of Robbie Basho at Zebulon. FREE
8. [9 p.m.] Barney’s Beanery in West Hollywood will open up all the games for free play this Thursday night with hosted drink and food specials.
9. [various] Dreamscape Immersive offers unique virtual reality experiences at the Westfield Century City (read our review here)
10. [various.] The El Capitan Theatre is the prime spot to see Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker, audiences will be treated to exclusive experiences that include the Evolution of the Stormtrooper costume exhibit plus costumes from the new movie.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $10 tix to the Museum of Illusions (via Goldstar)
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for December 26, 2019 appeared first on .