#258 Tales from the Curbside: Nephrotic Syndrome, Smoking Cessation, Prev Med Update
Recap our top pearls from recent shows on nephrotic syndrome vs nephritic syndrome, smoking cessation and updates in preventive medicine. Tales from the Curbside (TFTC) is a monthly series providing a rapid review of recent Curbsiders episodes.
Note: No CME for this mini-episode but visit curbsiders.vcuhealth.org to claim credit for #250, #251 and #252.
- Written, Produced and Hosted by: Stuart Brigham MD; Matthew Watto MD, FACP; Paul Williams MD, FACP
- Infographics by: Elena Gibson MD, Beth Garbitelli and Edison Jyang
- Cover Art: Matthew Watto MD
- Editor: Matthew Watto MD (written materials); Clair Morgan of nodderly.com
Sponsor: Panacea Financial
This episode is supported by Panacea Financial, digital banking built for doctors, by doctors. At Panacea Financial you can have your own free personal banker and a support team that works around the clock- just like you do. Open your free checking account today at panaceafinancial.com
Panacea Financial, a Division of Sonabank, Member FDIC
Sponsor: Grammarly grammarly.com/curb
- 00:00 Intro, disclaimer, guest bio
- 02:45 Nephrotic Syndrome
- 14:15 Preventive Medicine Update
- 25:20 Smoking Cessation and Outro
Tales from the Curbside Top Pearls
Click the links below for full show notes.
#250 Nephrotic Syndrome vs. Glomerulonephritis with Kidney Boy, Dr. Joel Topf Producer: Elena Gibson MD
#251 What the USPSTF? Preventive Medicine Updates Producer: Paul Williams MD. Guest: Amber-Nicole Bird M
#252 Smoking Cessation Unfiltered Producer: Carolyn Chan MD. Guest: Steve Baldassarri MD, MHS
Listeners will review tops pearls from recent curbsiders episodes
After listening to this episode listeners will…
- Recall the illness scripts for nephrotic & nephritic syndromes and which diagnostic tests to employ
- Discuss how the USPSTF works and review recent updates in screening for Hep C, unhealthy drug use and cervical cancer
- Utilize the appropriate medical therapies to aid patients in smoking cessation
The Curbsiders report no relevant financial disclosures.
Watto MF, Williams PN, Brigham SK. “#258 Tales from the Curbside: Nephrotic Syndrome, Smoking Cessation, Prev Med Update”. The Curbsiders Internal Medicine Podcast. https://thecurbsiders.com/episode-list Final publishing date February 24, 2021.
The post #258 Tales from the Curbside: Nephrotic Syndrome, Smoking Cessation, Prev Med Update appeared first on The Curbsiders.