Malaysian Palm Oil For Healthy Cooking #Momsmeet
Do you like to cook? Cooking is one of my favorite things and I truly enjoy having delicious, healthy homemade food. I also enjoy learning about healthy cooking options and recently learned about Malaysian palm oil. Have you heard of palm oil? It was something quite new to me. I learned that palm oil is trans fat free and rich with nutrients. The color was quite surprising with its deep red hue. I learned that it means it is rich in carotenoids and potent phytonutrients also found in squash, carrots, oranges, and apricots. These ingredients give it the rich red color.
Most importantly,the flavor was delicious. Palm oil is non-GMO and really quite ideal for high-temperature cooking. I sauté pretty much everything and palm oil worked well with my cooking. I used it with some sautéed beets and also tried it with popcorn. Palm oil can solidify in cooler temperatures, so you need to make sure to warm it up before use. I also found that shaking it was needed to loosen and distribute the oil components.
Known for decades as the leader in responsible palm oil production, Malaysia is the world’s second largest producer of palm oil. Malaysian Sustainable Palm Oil is a common ingredient in many healthy foods, including better-for-you nutrition bars and heart-healthy spreads. Palm oil is non-GMO and naturally free of trans-fatty acids. It acts as a healthy replacement for partially hydrogenated oils. Malaysian Sustainable Palm Oil comes in golden and red varieties. Red palm oil is loaded with carotenoids and potent phytonutrients also found in squash, carrots, oranges, and apricots. Thanks to Malaysia’s groundbreaking national certification program, 100% of its palm oil will be certified sustainable by the end of 2019.
- Malaysian Sustainable Palm Oil comes from the fruit of the oil palm tree, which can only grow near the equator. These trees have been producing abundant oil-rich fruit for decades, providing a stable environment for wildlife.
- A one-acre palm oil plantation produces 11 times more oil than a oneacre soybean field.
- Malaysia is a very progressive, environmentally friendly country. In 2008, the tropical country became the first to produce and export certified sustainable palm oil.
- By the end of 2019, the country plans to have 100% of its palm oil certified sustainable.
- Malaysian Sustainable Palm Oil comes in golden and red varieties. Red palm oil is particularly rich in nutrients such as vitamin E (tocotrienols)
I received this product for free from Moms Meet to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.