Turkey hash brown breakfast casserole
Breakfast is by far my favorite meal… and I will eat it any time of the day, because breakfast for dinner, or lunch or night time snack is fine by me I wanted to make a simple casserole dish that would be good for meal prep for the week and this turkey hash brown casserole sure did the trick. Full of all my favorite breakfast foods and serves up a nice hearty portion for just 5 smart points on WW freestyle. If you want to see the frozen hash browns I use feel free to see my product review here so you can compare nutritional info for them. This dish is so simple yet so tasty!
- 1 lb fat free ground turkey
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 cups frozen hash browns *to compare my brand you can see my product reviews week 1
- 6 slices center cut bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- ¾ cup reduced fat shredded cheese, I used a 3 cheese blend
- 10 eggs
- ½ cup milk *I used 1%
- Diced green onions *optional
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish with some non stick spray.
- In a pan on the stove, cook your ground turkey, add in salt & pepper, sage and oregano. *You can cook your bacon at the same time in a different pan if you haven't already done so. Drain turkey and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in frozen hash browns and crumbled bacon and mix well.
- Place turkey & potato mixture into your casserole dish. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- In a bowl or pyrex measuring cup like I used, whisk your eggs and milk together, add in a dash of salt & pepper. Pour over your turkey and potato mixture. Top with diced green onion and I added a pinch of dried oregano on top.
- Bake in the oven for approx 45 minutes, let cool 5 minutes then cut into 6 equal servings, each serving weighs 8-9oz . Store leftovers in the fridge, casserole will freeze well.
Smart Points- 9 using SP calculator
Points Plus- 9 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving... Calories 329... Fat 15.8g...Sat fat 5.4g...Carbs 16.4g...Fiber 1.3g...Sugar 1.4g...Protein 31.8g Using My Fitness Pal *Includes all ingredients, if you enter this into your calculator you will get a different point value due to the use of zero point foods