5-Minute Blackberry Crisp
This delicious take on berry crisp is ready in about 5 minutes and made with easy-to-find everyday ingredients and your microwave. While this recipe uses frozen blackberries as the base, you also can swap them out with your favorite frozen berries or berry mixture.
I don't know about you, but whenever I hear berry crisp I automatically think dessert—and this makes one delicious blackberry dessert. But with just under 150 calories, you can also enjoy this low-fat crisp over plain nonfat Greek yogurt in the morning for a decadent, yet speedy, breakfast!
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Microwave Blackberry Crisp?
According to my calculations, each serving has about 149 calories.
How to Make Single-Serving Blackberry Crisp
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Add the frozen berries to a small microwavable bowl. Stir in the sweetener and cornstarch until combined.
Step 3: Cover bowl with paper towel and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Check to see if berries are completely thawed, if not, continue microwaving on HIGH in 30 second increments until hot. (Mine were done after 2 total minutes.)
Step 4: Remove from microwave and stir berries and sauce. Top with crush granola bar.
Step 5: Before serving, top with dollop of lite whipped topping or scoop of low-fat vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, if desired.
I usually prefer fresh blackberries, but for this easy crisp recipe you'll definitely want to use unsweetened frozen blackberries. The frozen berries will release more juice than fresh berries while cooking in the microwave, creating a lightly sweetened sauce for this dessert crisp.
Try using any unsweetened frozen berries in place of the blackberries, or a combination of your favorites.
If you have a gluten sensitivity, you can easily make this gluten-free by substituting your favorite gluten-free granola bar.
Substitute your favorite low-fat crunchy granola for the crushed granola bar.
Enjoy this simple dessert plain, with a dollop of lite whipped topping, or a scoop of low-fat vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.
Serve over ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt for a decadent breakfast!
If you've made this Microwave Berry Crisp, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
5-Minute Blackberry Crisp
- ¾ cup frozen blackberries
- 1 teaspoon Zero (0) calorie sweetener (I used Lankato Monkfruit)
- ¼ teaspoon cornstarch (I used arrowroot powder)
- 1 bar Nature Valley Crunchy Oats 'n Honey granola bar (½ individual package), crushed
- Lite whipped topping or vanilla frozen yogurt (optional)
- Add the frozen berries to a small microwavable bowl. Stir in the sweetener and cornstarch until combined.
- Cover bowl with paper towel and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Check to see if berries are completely thawed, if not, continue microwaving on HIGH in 30 second increments until hot. (Mine were done after 2 total minutes.)
- Remove from microwave and stir berries and sauce. Top with crushed granola bar.
- Before serving, top with dollop of lite whipped topping or scoop on low-fat vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, if desired.
Recipe source: Eat What You Love by Marlene Koch
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Quick Blackberry Crisp, you might also like
- Microwave Apple Crisp
- Skinny Strawberry Almond Crumble
- Slow Cooker Apple Cobbler
- Crock Pot Low-Fat Peach Crisp
- Crock Pot Berry Cobbler
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!