5 Protein Rich Gym Snacks
5 Protein Rich Gym Snacks
If you’re serious about your weight training, then you already know how important protein is to muscle growth.
This is because your body requires the right combination of nutrients in order to maximize muscle gains.
Proteins contain amino acids, which are the building blocks of muscles and other bodily tissues. The greater variety of amino acids you get in your diet, the better support you’ll provide to your muscles. This is really crucial, because without adequate protein, you simply won’t see the results you’re looking for.
Generally speaking, animal proteins contain the greatest variety of amino acids, but vegetable-based proteins can also be effective additions to your diet. I recommend focusing on getting a variety of protein rich foods in your diet for optimal results.
This is also why amino acid supplements like Optimum BCAA and Optimum Glutamine are so effective. These muscle-building supplements are completely backed by science, so you really can’t go wrong. And trust me, you’ll notice the improvements in your size and recovery!
But let’s get to the focus of today’s article – protein rich gym snacks. Fuelling your muscles just before or after your workouts is crucial, so having the right protein rich snacks with you at the gym will go a long way. This is also a great way to save some cash!
Let’s take a look at my top 5 picks…
Top 5 Protein Rich Gym Snacks
1. Eggs – Eggs are a great source of protein, and really make the perfect snack. By hard-boiling your eggs, you’ll avoid adding unwanted fats to your diet. And don’t get hung up on the fat that’s naturally found in eggs – it’s healthy and will keep you feeling satisfied. Three hard-boiled eggs contain a whopping 19 grams of protein!
2. Almonds – Of all the nuts you could eat, almonds probably provide the best support for your muscle-building workouts. Almonds not only contain a lot of protein, but they’re also full of healthy fats and nutrients that boost your metabolism and support testosterone levels, so you can’t go wrong! Check out my favorite brand here – NOW Almonds.
3. Chicken – Grilled or baked chicken breast is one of the most satisfying protein rich options in my opinion. And it can make an easy gym snack! Just cut up some cooked chicken and add to a whole wheat wrap with a little mayo, some lettuce, and some tomato. This is an easy on-the-go snack!
4. Protein Bars – Protein bars have gotten a bit of a bad rap, but if you choose wisely, they can be a healthy snacking option. They’re packed full or protein that can provide your muscles with the fuel they need! My top picks are Myoplex LIte Bars and Promax Protein Bars – you can’t go wrong with these ones!
5. Whey Protein Powder – A protein shake is the most obvious choice for a protein rich gym snack, but it’s also probably the most effective! Whey protein provides excellent support for muscle growth and recovery between workouts. Have a shake within an hour before your workout and immediately after for optimal results.
If you’re looking for recommendations on the best products on the market, I highly recommend checking out either Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion or Optimum 100% Natural Whey. Another great option is MHP Probolic-SR Muscle Feeder, a time-released protein powder that will provide extended fuel for your muscles!
Have any questions or feedback about these 5 protein rich gym snacks? Please leave a comment below…