Tutorial Tuesday - Simply Succulents
How cheerful is THIS card?! It puts a smile on my face just looking at it, and I'm sure it will on the recipient's face, too!
· Stamp Sets: Simply Succulents Bundle (156264)
· Cardstock: Magenta Madness (153080), Bermuda Bay (131197), Daffodil Delight (119683), Coastal Cabana (131297), Granny Apple Green (146990), Shimmery White (101910), Basic White (159276)
· Ink: Magenta Madness (153117), Daffodil Delight (147094), Granny Apple Green (147095), Bermuda Bay (147096), Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad (132708), VersaMark (102283)
· Tools and Embellishments: Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (149653), Blending Brushes (153611), Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack (154904), Heat Tool (129053), White Stampin’ Emboss Powder (109132), Whisper White 5/8” Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon (146912), Wink of Stella Glitter Brush (153611), Fine-Tip Glue Pen (138309), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
• Magenta Madness: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored & folded at 4 1/4"
• Shimmery White: 4" x 5 1/2" plus scrap for pot
• Basic White Stitched Rectangle: 2 1/4" x 3 1/2"
• Scraps of Magenta Madness, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay for succulent die cuts and greeting
• Use a blending brush to pick up ink from an ink pad then add the color to the Shimmery White cardstock.
a. Start off the cardstock and go in circular motions.
b. Add more ink until you have the right concentration of color.
c. Blend colors together so you have soft gradients between colors.
• Add small drops of water on top of the colored cardstock. (You can use a Water Painter, a small paint brush or even your fingers to drop the water.)
• Cut out a piece of Shimmery White cardstock using the large die from the bundle. Trim the edges using a Trimmer so that you have only a small border that will fit on the front of the card.
• Adhere the die-cut piece to the colored Shimmery White cardstock using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen on the back.
• Wrap a piece of Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon around the layers and tape the ends to the back of the cardstock. Take a smaller piece of ribbon and tie in a knot on the left-hand side.
• Adhere the layers to the card base.
• Cut out a Basic White 2 1/4" x 3 1/2" Stitched Rectangle with the Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine.
• Stamp the 3 flowers using a VersaMark ink pad on the Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana, and Bermuda Bay cardstock scraps. Sprinkle White Emboss Powder, tap off the excess and heat set with the Heat Tool. Tip: I pushed my pinky finger into the VersaMark ink pad and pressed my finger onto the embossed flowers to add a bit of a watermark. Cut out the flowers using the matching dies.
• Cut out the Magenta Madness and Granny Apple Green sprigs of leaves using the dies from the bundle.
• Stamp the pot on a piece of Shimmery White cardstock using Memento ink. Color using the Smoky Slate Stampin' Blend markers. Cut out using the coordinating die.
• Adhere the flower pot, leaves and flowers on to the Basic White stitched rectangle. Tip: I added the 3 flowers to the card using Dimensionals. Add that layer to the card using Dimensionals.
• Stamp the greeting on a piece of Magenta Madness cardstock with Memento ink and cut out using the matching die. Add the greeting to the card using Dimensionals.