Masjid al-Mustafa, East Hartford (1840)

Masjid al-Mustafa in East Hartford (there is also a Masjid al-Mustafa in Waterbury) is a mosque located in a former house at 20 Church Street. The house was built circa 1840 and was remodeled in 1880. Before becoming a mosque, the building had been expanded in the 1950s by Father Austin Munich of St. Rose Church, located across the street, to become a convent for the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, who were the teaching staff of St. Rose School.

Masjid al-Mustafa, East Hartford (1840)