Foundation Files: Laura Mercier Flawless Lumiere Foundation + MAC Art Library and Velour Lip Powder
The impending spring months have brought us a wealth of fresh beauty and, consequently, I am excited to share some of my recent discoveries with you; today's post is dedicated to a brand new foundation launch, a gorgeous warm neutral eye palette, a covet-worthy cream blush collection and an innovative new lip color formula that will expand your conceptualization of traditional lipstick!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Introducing the *Laura Mercier Flawless Lumiere Radiance Perfecting Foundation (also available at Neiman Marcus)|
So many of you have reached out to request a review of the *Laura Mercier Flawless Lumiere Radiance Perfecting Foundation (also available at Neiman Marcus) and I am happy to be able to oblige! Although still in the testing phase with more conclusions to come, my initial observations are as follows:
- It is lightweight and buildable but offers immediate medium coverage in a single application
- It has a subtle fragrance that dissipates upon contact
- It makes my skin look extremely perfected and even while still appearing natural and fresh
- It wears flawlessly (even in intense weather) for 8+ hours
- I didn't need to set it with powder
- It doesn't settle into fine lines and wrinkles
- If your skin is free of dark spots, you may not even need concealer with it!
- This formula is marvelous for those seeking medium-full coverage with a long-wear natural finish that leans towards radiant but never looks overtly glowy.
I've been applying it with the the *Laura Mercier Flawless Face Makeup Sponge for the most undetectable finish...it expertly buffs the product into the skin and leaves my canvas looking multidimensional and radiant.
In terms of shade matches, I was sent two hues--Bisque and Golden and found that Bisque is an apropos match for my NC 25 winter skin. I envision adding Golden to a pump of Bisque in the coming days when my skin gets a touch darker but overall, Bisque is my best current match.
Official details, courtesy of Nordstrom:
What it is: A radiance-perfecting finish with medium-to-full buildable coverage and a natural, luminous finish.
Who it's for: Suitable for those with dry, normal, combination or oily skin types.
What it does: This foundation helps combat dullness and reflect light so skin looks luminous in any light. Vitamin C helps to reveal brighter, clearer and more even skin tone over time so that even without makeup your skin is radiant. This foundation also helps to effectively plump skin to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while flexible polymers melt into the skin to create long-wearing, comfortable and weightless second-skin color. The look of imperfections are diffused and skin's texture is seamless.
How to use: Apply to clean skin with a makeup sponge. For best results, apply over your foundation primer.
- 1 oz.
- Made in the USA
- Item #5769562
Water/Aqua/ Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane,C30 Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methicone, Octyldodecanol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Nylon-12, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, Mica, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Betaine, Phytantriol, Cellulose Gum, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium Edta, Laureth-21, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tin Oxide, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate. May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499).
|Swatches of the *Laura Mercier Flawless Lumiere Radiance Perfecting Foundation (also available at Neiman Marcus) in direct sunlight.|
|*Laura Mercier Flawless Lumiere Radiance Perfecting Foundation (also available at Neiman Marcus)|
// SKIN + HAIR // Two products are in the initial stages of testing, two are tried and true favorites!
- *Sisleya L'Integral Anti-Age Anti-Wrinkle Concentrate Serum: This luxurious new launch includes a host of active botanical ingredients to combat slack and dull skin as well as fine lines and wrinkles. I am in the early stages of testing but after a few days of regular application have noticed firmer, clearer and more refined skin with a youthful glow. Will report back with additional findings next month!
- *Guerlain L'Or Primer: Also new to my routine, this primer smooths skin and extends the wear of makeup with a opulently fragrant formula that features a suspension of 24K gold flakes. So divine!
- *Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray: I use this regularly (especially on second day hair) to add fullness and texture to my naturally straight hair...I like to think of it as good hair in a bottle!
- *Orlane Magnificent Lip Balm: I am on tube #3 of this beautiful lip balm; it is plush and hydrating and has just enough tack to seal moisture in place.
|*MAC Art Library Flame-Boyant|
For eyes, the limited-edition *MAC Art Library Flame-Boyant is a warm natural eye lover's dream come true! The resplendent palette holds twelve shades--from shimmering ivory to intense brick--in a variety of matte and radiant finishes. The color payoff of this particular array of tones is magnificent and, even after a long day of wear, the shadows look freshly-applied. If you are looking for a treasure trove of warm neutral hues in a single palette, I suspect that you will adore *MAC Art Library Flame-Boyant as I do.
|Real life...this is what can happen when you shoot a beauty story while wearing a baby in a front facing carrier.|
|Single pass swatches of *MAC Art Library Flame-Boyant in direct sunlight.|
|MAC Art Library Flame-Boyant|
|Complexion and everything else.|
// COMPLEXION + EVERYTHING ELSE // For the look featured at the end of this post, I also used the following products:
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter #4 (reviewed HERE): I am now on bottle #2 of this genius elixir, which adds a subtle glow and buoyancy to one's skin while cloaking it with sheer, skin-evening color.
- Giorgio Armani Power Fabric Concealer #6 (reviewed HERE): Just a touch in my orbital region brightens while banishing dark circles and it's 100% crease resistant for hours.
- *Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze + Glow Medium/Dark (reviewed HERE): I used this bronzer multiple times a week to gently contour my canvas while adding warmth. It's true brown and persimmon tones are utterly invaluable to creating a quick face in seconds.
- Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Chestnut (reviewed HERE): My daily brow must for well-defined, full and feathery arches in exactly two coats.
- *Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Primer (reviewed HERE): I am loving this beige primer to masterfully build my lashes prior to mascara application.
- Hourglass Caution Extreme Mascara (reviewed HERE): Two coats and my lashes are marvelously jet-black, long and voluminous. I recently bought my second tube!
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|The *Ben Nye Creme Rouge Wheel in Natural Glow|
For cheeks, I am complete smitten with the *Ben Nye Creme Rouge Wheel in Natural Glow. Designed in collaboration with make-up artist extraordinaire Benjamin Puckey, this cream palette features a brilliant mix of peaches, pinks and nudes that can be worn on cheeks, lips and even eyes. The lightweight, fragrance-free formula applies evenly and wears flawlessly for hours, resisting pooling and patchiness while imparting a bouncy radiance on one's complexion. To say this collection of shades is up my alley would be an epic understatement as these are my go-to colors on a daily basis and the fact that these tones can be mixed for a bespoke result make this color wheel a must in my current routine.
|Swatches of the *Ben Nye Creme Rouge Wheel in Natural Glow in direct sunlight.|
|The *Ben Nye Creme Rouge Wheel in Natural Glow|
|The *Laura Mercier Velour Lip Powder in New York and Paris.|
Finally, the *Laura Mercier Velour Lip Powder is a brilliant new launch that combines a plush and nourishing balm base with highly pigmented powders that bathe lips in rich color. The powders, which are exceptionally weightless and smooth, can be applied with one's fingertips (my favorite mode of application) and come in both velvet and pearl finishes that can be mixed for a custom effect. New York contains lively papaya, bright fuchsia and burnt sienna shades and Paris (worn in the images at the end of this post) contains deep aubergine, radiant pearly mauve and electric pink shades. While all of the color offerings are stunningly pretty, I would buy Paris for the pearlescent mauve shade alone...it makes lips look lush and full and lasts for hours on end...no dryness in sight!
|Swatches of the *Laura Mercier Velour Lip Powder in direct sunlight.|
The following images reflect all products in action in afternoon sunlight...turtleneck by Madewell and sweatshirt by Something Navy:
|Applying the *Laura Mercier Velour Lip Powder in Paris.|
|Eye look, courtesy of *MAC Art Library Flame-Boyant|
|With my beloved Jethro.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this overview of the beautiful new *Laura Mercier Flawless Lumiere Radiance Perfecting Foundation (also available at Neiman Marcus) as well as the *MAC Art Library Flame-Boyant, *Ben Nye Creme Rouge Wheel in Natural Glow and Laura Mercier Velour Lip Powder. All four launches are gorgeous and versatile additions to one's makeup routine and highly recommended for a fresh and natural warm look.
What caught your eye? Do tell!
Good things ahead, including an on-location story, a get-ready-with-me video and a peachy pink lip color story. Cannot wait to share!
xx and more soon,
--The Beauty Professor
**PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-19 Beauty Professor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.