Monday Genea-Pourri - Week Ending 5 April 2021
Here are the highlights of my family history and genealogy related activities over the past week:
1) Moderated and hosted the Chula Vista Genealogical Society (CVGS) general meeting in a Zoom Meeting last Wednesday, featuring speaker Debby Warner Anderson on "My Great-Grandmother's Letters." We had over 40 in attendance, including 10 guests from around the country, and Debby's talk was excellent.
2) Attended today's Mondays With Myrt webinar. The panel discussed the genealogy management program and backup software they used, my will transcription using two sources, Judy Russell's blog post about Alabama, historic place names, Liv's migration letters, grand or great aunts/uncles, use of Junior and Senior, the AncestryDNA sample notice, what to do with your stuff, and migration issues.
3) Watched "Fifty Overlooked Genealogical Resources in Fifty Minutes," by Diane L. Richard on Family Tree Webinars. Free to watch until 7 April.
4) Wrote and posted a biographical sketch of my 7th great-grandmother #587 Sarah (Woolley) Fletcher (1651-????) of Concord and Chelmsford, Massachusetts for my 52 Ancestors post on Friday.
5) Transcribed a probate record in Amanuensis Monday -- 1697 Will of John Grout (1616-1697) of Sudbury, Massachusetts today.
6) AncestryDNA added 106 new DNA matches this past week, with one new ThruLines, and MyHeritage added 47 new DNA matches. Reviewed the new DNA matches on AncestryDNA, MyHeritageDNA, FamilyTreeDNA and 23andMe. Added Notes to 2 more AncestryDNA matches with cM values, relationships and known shared ancestors, and added three ThruLines to RootsMagic.
7) There were several sessions working in the RootsMagic software program to match with and update FamilySearch Family Tree profiles for Seaver families and my ancestral families, with occasional additions to the RootsMagic profiles. I have matched 41,410 of my RootsMagic persons with FamilySearch Family Tree profiles (up 143).
8) Used Web Hints and Record Matches from Ancestry, MyHeritage, Findmypast and FamilySearch to add content and source citations to my RootsMagic profiles. I now have 62,590 persons in my RootsMagic file (up 148), and 135,848 source citations (up 316). I TreeShared with my Ancestry Member Tree twice this week updating 317 profiles, and I resolved 1,498 Ancestry Hints. I've fallen behind on the Ancestry Record Hints with 149,935 to be resolved, but I work on them almost daily.
9) Wrote 17 Genea-Musings blog posts last week, of which three were a press release. The most viewed post last week was "Amanuensis Monday -- 1687 Estate Inventory of George Wheeler (1606-1687) of Concord, Massachusetts" with over 346 views.
10) We are still fine here at the Genea-cave, hunkered down and not going out much after Week 55 of COVID-19 isolation. I went to the grocery store on Monday and Friday, and it wasn't too busy. We went masked to outdoor church on Sunday and talked to and fist bumped some friends. The Padres season started, and they won 3 out of 4 over the Dbacks - hope springs eternal here in the genea-cave. Other than that, it was stay-at-home on the computer doing (mainly) genealogy, eating, sleeping, cleaning, cooking, and a little yard work - I used my new small chainsaw on a big bush - half done, one more big bush to go.
The URL for this post is: https://www.geneamusings.com/2021/04/monday-genea-pourri-week-ending-5-april.html
Copyright (c) 2021, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.