YFP 133: Your Financial Toolkit for a Successful 2020
Your Financial Toolkit for a Successful 2020
On the first episode of the New Year, Tim Ulbrich talks about 5 ways you can accelerate your financial plan in 2020. This episode is full of resources you can use to put these ideas into action.
Tim Ulbrich shares five tangible ways you can crush 2020 in this week’s episode.
1. Get Clearer on the So What
Getting clearer on the “so what” pushes you to dig deeper into finding your why. Why are you focusing on your financial plan or financial goals for 2020? Is it because you are wanting to create flexibility in your job or time? Are you wanting to radically give? Are you hoping to have more control or choice in your life?
2. Build or Modify the Road Map to Achieve Your Goals
When you are clear on your purpose, it’s time to put your plan in place. Without a monthly plan, it’s easy to find yourself in a position where your financial plan is happening to you rather than the other way around. Creating a plan and executing your budget are key.
3. Get a Side Hustle off the Ground
Having a side hustle isn’t only a way to bring in additional income to accelerate your financial goals, but it also allows you to fill the creative expression you might be craving. Plus, it can also satisfy that entrepreneurial itch you may have! If you have an idea in place, what barriers are you facing on taking it to the next level? If you don’t have any ideas on what your side hustle could be, what’s one next step you can take to figure it out?
4. Set One Stretch Goal for 2020
A stretch goal is one that seems out of reach, but you’d absolutely love it if you could achieve it. These types of goals allow you to think beyond what’s possible. Set one big, audacious stretch goal for 2020 and focus on visualizing it into action.
5. Get a Coach
The value of a financial planner isn’t in choosing the right investments or allowing you to have the best return as you can ultimately learn anything online now. Instead, a financial planner carries the most value as being your accountability partner and coach. They help to see the bigger picture of what you’re wanting to achieve and help get you there.
Mentioned on the Show
- Credible Home Mortgage Refinance
- Enter the New Years Giveaway
- Your Best Year Ever by Michael Hyatt
- 100 Side Hustles: Unexpected Ideas for Making Extra Money Without Quitting Your Day Job by Chris Guillebeau
- YFP 032: Find Your Why (Part 1): 3 Life Planning Questions w/ Tim & Jess Ulbrich
- YFP 033: Find Your Why (Part 2): The Path to Success w/ Tim & Jess Ulbrich
- YFP Planning
- YFP 028: New Year, New Budget
- 5 Steps to Creating Best Budget
- YFP Budget Template
- YFP 057: The Power of Automating Your Financial Plan
- YFP Financial Fitness Test
- YFP Podcast
- YFP Blog
- YFP Facebook Group
- YFP 063: Intro to the Side Hustle Series
- YFP 126: Going Beyond Six Figures with Medical Writing w/ Brittany Hoffmann-Eubanks
- YFP 131: Secrets to Building a Successful Side Hustle w/ Eric Christianson
- The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8 AM) by Hal Elrod
- YFP 124: The Behavioral Investor w/ Dr. Daniel Crosby
- YFP 015: Financial Planning Series: Interview with Tim Baker – Part 1
- YFP 016: Financial Planning Series: Benefits of a Financial Planner – Part 2
- YFP 017: Financial Planning Series: Questions to Ask – Hiring a Planner – Part 3
- YFP 054: Why Fee-Only Financial Planning Matters
- YFP 055: Why You Should Care How a Financial Planner Charges
- Nuts and Bolts to Hiring a Financial Planner Guide
- Schedule a Free Discovery Call with YFP Planning
Current Student Loan Refinance Offers
The "kayak" of student loan refinancing, credible compares rates from 10 lenders (including Sofi).
Through partnership with APhA, YFP readers/listeners will get a 1 year new membership or extension
Uses credit unions and local banks to find competitive rates
Funded by banks and credit unions to offer low rates
Save money on your loans
The education of a child in need is funded for every loan