ACI "Summit on U.S. Biosimilars," Munich, Germany, April 20-21
McAndrews Shareholder Sandra Frantzen will be one of the featured speakers at American Conference Institute's "Summit on U.S. Biosimilars" conference in Munich, Germany, April 20-21. Ms. Frantzen will be speaking on "Incorporating Inter-Partes Review and New USPTO Procedures into Branded and Biosimilar Litigation Strategies."
Other speakers include in-house counsel and executives from AbbVie, Boehringer Ingelheim, IPM Biotech, PAREXEL, Sandoz, and Sanofi, as well as outside counsel from U.S. and European firms.
The complete agenda is as follows:
- "Diving into the Science of Biologics and Biosimilars: What Counsel Needs to Know to Formulate a Regulatory and Patent Strategy"
- "Understanding the Structure of the USFDA and Its Role in Approving and Regulating Biosimilars"
- "Delving into the Mechanics of the USFDA Biosimilars Approval Process and Section 351(k) Applications Under the Pathway"
- "Mastering the Essentials of New USPTO Post-Grant Proceedings for Effective Use in the Biosimilars Space"
- "Obtaining Adequate Patent Protection in the U.S.: Factoring Key Cases into Your Biosimilars Patent Strategy"
- "U.S. Federal Trade Commission and State Law Updates: Understanding the Controversy Surrounding Competition, Substitution, and Naming in the Biosimilars Arena"
- "Minimizing the Uncertainty Surrounding the Pathway: Insights Into USFDA's Current Initiatives Regarding the First Wave of Biosimilars Applications"
- "Evaluating the Risk and Commercial Opportunity in the Emerging U.S. Biosimilars Landscape"
- "In-House Keynote Address" by Julia Pike, Head Global IP Litigation for Sandoz
- "Timing is Everything: A Cheat Sheet for Managing the Logistics of the BPCIA Exchange Process"
- "Biosimilars Litigation Spotlight: Immediate Action Plans for Innovators and Biosimilars to Prepare for the Battles to Come"
- "Incorporating Inter-Partes Review and New USPTO Procedures Into Branded and Biosimilar Litigation Strategies"
- "Open Floor Session: Lessons Learned So Far: Comparing and Contrasting the U.S. and E.U. Biosimilars Experience"
Orange Book Blog readers can save €100 with discount code OBB100. For more information or to register, please visit the conference website.