Air Fryer Bacon – Crispy Bacon in the Ninja Foodi
Who doesn’t love crispy bacon first thing in the morning? Cooking bacon in the air fryer or, in my case, the Ninja Foodi comes together so quickly. Here I maximize the space in the Foodi by using two racks. Let me show you how I did air fryer bacon.
Bacon is bacon is bacon, right? Well, there are so many to choose from. When trying to decide which one you want to use in the air fryer, I used the regular cut pre-packaged bacon. I know some people like to use thick-cut bacon for the foodi. When you’re using thick cut, you can usually fit the whole package onto one rack, if it’s about 6 slices or so. Other than that the ingredients for your air fryer bacon couldn’t be more simple:
Inserting the Racks
I used a trivet at the bottom of the Ninja Foodi and then used the accompanying steel rack that comes with the Ninja Foodi. Make sure whatever two racks you’re using don’t touch one another if you lay them one on top of the other. Remove them from the Ninja Foodi and preheat to 350F.
Need a trivet for your instant pot? Get one in this bundle!
Laying out the Bacon
The key to crispy bacon is laying the strips out without overlapping them on the racks. If you want to do a whole package this might be tricky. After the strips have been laid on, place an optional piece of bread on the bottom of the Ninja Foodi before inserting the bacon racks. I, personally, like to collect any bacon drippings and use them in cooking. Fry the bacon to your desired crispness and lay them immediately onto a paper towel-lined plate or tray. You may notice that the lower rack of bacon isn’t as crisp. Feel free to continue cooking that one until it is done.
Air Fryer Bacon - Crispy Bacon in the Ninja Foodi
- Ninja Foodi
- Ninja Foodi Baking Rack
- Paper Towel
- 350 g bacon regular slice
- 1 slice of bread (optional)
- Make sure to double check how you're going to insert the trivet and baking rack into the Ninja Foodi before starting. Place the trivet at the bottom of the Foodi and then place the baking rack, in so that the longer part is touching the bottom. Remove.
- Preheat the Ninja Foodi on the Air Crisp setting to 350F for 3 minutes.
- Lay slice of bread down at the bottom of your ninja foodi to collect bacon grease for easy clean up. If you're like me, omit this step and collect the bacon drippings after for future cooking.
- Lay the bacon slices over both racks, avoiding any overlap.
- Place the trivet of bacon at the bottom of the Ninja Foodi. Place the baking rack with the bacon on top. Air fry for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lay paper towel onto a tray.
- From here, check on the bacon in 3 minute incriminates and cook until your desired crisp level. When done, remove with tongs onto a paper towel lined tray.
- Remove the bacon. If the bacon on the lower rack isn't as crisp as you'd like it, crisp for another 3 minutes.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!
The post Air Fryer Bacon – Crispy Bacon in the Ninja Foodi appeared first on .