Best of 2021: Shows, Concerts and Festivals
2021 has been a trying year thanks in part of the pandemic.
After 540 days, live music did picked up but in small doses, wear a mask and happened in the late summer and fall time.
While we were happy that things was happening but then Omnicron hit us and some of the anticipated shows like Carly Rae Jepsen with the NAC Orchestra had to be cancelled.
Anyways here is my Top 10 favorite shows that happened in 2021.
1. Feist at the NAC. Of course this would be my favourite because it was unheard of. Feist previewing new material for an hour and it was as close to an intimate show that is sorely missed.
2. Zoon, Chautauqua Gang and Strange Fugitive @ Club Saw. First show to attend since the pandemic happened and the restrictions was lifted. Great outdoor show for some dreamy shoegaze from the 2021 Polaris Music Prize shortlisted album Bleached Waves.
3. Pique Fall Edition. An hybrid event that blends music and arts from indoor/outdoor shows, screenings, installations, workshops and online programming that had Backxwash getting the audience in a masked up mosh pit.
4. Suuns and Lesser Evil at Minotaure. Montreal’s SUUNS never disappoints live with their music and they were promoting their new album The Witness.
5. Half Moon Run and Tokyo Police Club at Bluesfest 2021. In the shortened version of the festival. It rained that night but made for some great photos.
6. Fast Romantics, Amanda Lowe and Kirty at Club Saw. This seated show got everyone on their feet for Fast Romantic’s indie rock music.
7. Metz, Preoccupations and FACS at Bronson Centre. Great punk rocking show for a Sunday night!
8. Century Egg, Motherhood and Lady Charles at Club Saw. Fun rocking show from the Halifax band.
9. Sam Coffey and the Iron Lungs and The Suffering Booth at the Dominion Tavern. First show at the dirty Dom and fun rocking out to the Toronto band who promoted their 2021 album Real One.
10. No Joy, Cedric Noel and Jung Shadow at Club Saw.