BLT Salad w/ Chicken
Most of us could always afford to add more vegetables into our diets. I personally love them, but sometimes run out of steam after preparing a main course to keep on going with much more than a bagged salad!
So finding a meal that is an all-in-one is a major bonus for this busy mom!!
I’ve been making this recipe for years, a really scrumptious full meal deal. It is definitely in our regular rotation of meals as both my husband and I can’t get enough of it!
In the summer, I can’t wait until I have fresh garden tomatoes to add in….their flavor and texture simple can’t compare to the vast majority of grocery store finds…at least in my experience!
Picky kids? Gluten free BLT pasta option?
I’d like to say my kids happily eat salads. But that would be a lie. A big fat HUGE lie.
The eldest is slowly coming around…the trick of course finding a dressing she can hide the greens in.
I get it. I was the same way…and now vegetables are my favorite food group! So I hang on to hope people!!
Since I assemble the salad ingredients at the end…I just toss theirs with some favorite gluten free noodles. That way, everyone is still eating MOSTLY the same thing and I am not stretched too thin!
Special tools for making the best BLT salad:
- Without a doubt, whenever I need to crisp anything, I will ALWAYS use my favorite cast iron pan. In all honesty…it is the only pan I use anymore!! I HIGHLY recommend you try cooking with one…this one even comes pre-seasoned!! I just am careful never to use too high of heat (it conducts SUPER well), and I never wash it with soap, just warm water when necessary.
- I also find a sturdy spatula is handy for all cooking in my cast iron!
Want some more full meal salad ideas?
- Mexican Quinoa Salad is a full meal deal with pinto beans and a zesty chipotle vinaigrette.
- Vietnamese Fried Chicken Salad is AAAAmazing!! I could eat this weekly!
- Grilled Chicken Chimichurri Salad
- This Asian sesame chicken salad is right up my alley!
Warm Chicken BLT Salad Recipe:
Chicken BLT Salad
- 1 bag baby greens I sometimes add some chopped romaine for crunch, OR 1-2 head red leaf or green leaf, chopped
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium sweet bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions thinly sliced
- 4 slices bacon chopped (my favorite is Trader Joe's Applewood Smoked, Nitrate -Free, it's the most meaty I've found)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped small bite size pieces
- Whisk together dressing ingredients, set aside.
- Cook chopped bacon over medium heat until crispy, remove from heat to paper towels.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon grease, and saute the chicken, increasing the heat to medium-high.
- You want the chicken to be browned.
- When cooked through, pour all the contents over the salad and vegetables and toss with the dressing (to taste).