Creamy Lemon Pasta with Garlicky Pistachio Breadcrumbs
With just a handful of ingredients and only 20 minutes to prepare, this Creamy Lemon Pasta speaks for itself – and truly goes to show how a few simple ingredients can be transformed into something so indulgent and delicious. The crowning glory of this Lemon Pasta are the Garlicky Pistachio Breadcrumbs! They take this dish from good to down-right addicting.
THIS POST IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY SETTON FARMS. ALL THOUGHTS, OPINIONS, AND TEXT ARE MY OWN. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUPPORTING THE SPONSORS THAT KEEP ME HUNGRY AND INSPIRED TO CREATE!
creamy lemon pasta + garlicky pistachio breadcrumbs = weeknight dinner dreams
Pasta is one of my many love languages, so when Setton Farms asked me to create a delicious meal using their Pistachios, I knew exactly what I wanted to make! Obviously, my mind went straight to noods, but I wanted to develop a recipe that highlighted their exceptional Pistachios. *Insert my Creamy Lemon Pasta with Garlicky Pistachio Breadcrumbs here* The Garlic Onion Seasoned Pistachio breadcrumbs lend the perfect texture to the creamy sauce and they are truly the pièce de résistance of this dish!
Grab a drink and let’s get to cooking the best Creamy Lemon Pasta with Garlicky Pistachio Breadcrumbs!
how do I make Creamy Lemon Pasta with Garlicky Pistachio Breadcrumbs?
The zesty lemon cream sauce and the breadcrumbs for this pasta come together in less than half an hour! Here’s how to make it:
- Start by blending up all the sauce ingredients. If you have a high-powered blender, you don’t even need to soak the cashews. This should only take 1-2 minutes.
- Set the sauce aside and prepare the breadcrumbs by pulsing the pistachios, garlic, lemon zest, and seasonings in a food processor.
- Transfer the Pistachio mixture to a pan with panko bread crumbs and cook over medium-low heat in a bit of oil until they’re golden-brown and crispy!
- While the breadcrumbs are crisping, boil your noodles according to package directions! Reserve 1/2 cup of the starchy pasta water and then drain, but do not rinse!
- After that, it’s time to plate! Toss the cooked noodles with the creamy lemon sauce and reserved water. Top with breadcrumbs and enjoy your one-way trip to FLAVOR-TOWN!
Pasta : it’s what’s for dinner
If you make my Creamy Lemon Pasta with Garlicky Pistachio Breadcrumbs, I would love to know! Snap a photo or a video, upload it to Instagram, and tag me at @eat_figs_not_pigs and #EatFigsNotPigs! I love seeing all your recreations of my recipes and hearing what you think! Til next time, friends!
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice (about 2-3 medium lemons)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup Setton Farms Garlic Onion Seasoned Pistachio Kernels
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 pound noodles of choice (I like vegan Pappardelle or Fettuccine)
- Vegan Parmesan, for serving, optional
- Lemon zest, for serving, optional
- Fresh minced parsley, for serving
- Red pepper flakes, for serving
- Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend about 1 minute, or until completely smooth. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if necessary. Set aside.
- To prepare the breadcrumbs, place pistachios, garlic, lemon zest, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Heat oil in a small sauté pan over medium-low heat. Once the oil is hot, add pistachio mixture and panko bread crumbs. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until the breadcrumbs are crispy and begin to turn golden-brown, about 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pasta according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the starchy water, drain, but do not rinse.
- Toss the cooked noodles with the creamy lemon sauce and reserved water.
- To serve, divide the pasta evenly among 4 plates. Garnish each serving with ¼ cup breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon vegan parmesan if using, a pinch of lemon zest, parsley, and red pepper flakes!
2. Store the sauce and noodles separately in airtight containers and keep refrigerated for 3-4 days.
3. To store the breadrcrumbs, place them in an airtight container and refrigerate up to three weeks (although they won't last that long)