Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Who doesn’t love an easy, delicious and healthy side dish?! That is exactly what you will get with these Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts! I am personally a HUGE Brussels sprouts fan, and I typically roast them in the oven. However, I know that sometimes it is easier and quicker to throw things into the air fryer, so I wanted to share a recipe for that, too!
I also know that as temperatures warm up, a lot of people like to avoid turning on the oven if possible. That also makes the air fryer version a good alternative! I used my Ninja Kitchen Foodi to prepare these, but any air fryer will do! The Foodi is an amazing option if you are looking to consolidate some of your appliances. It’s a pressure cooker, slow cooker, air fryer (and more) all in one! Click here to shop it.
how to prepare brussels sprouts
If you have never made Brussels sprouts before and feel intimidated by them, don’t! They are super easy to prepare. Also, if you’ve only had them steamed and are convinced that you hate Brussels sprouts, try them again! Steamed veggies honestly suck compared to roasted or air fried — they are just mushy and blah. Trust me. The cooking method matters!
To prep Brussels sprouts, you need to do is use a sharp knife to trim the stems, remove any loose, outer leaves and I personally like to cut them in half.
Of course, like any produce, be sure to thoroughly rinse them with water first.
ingredients needed for crispy air fryer brussels sprouts
All you need for these air fryer Brussels sprouts is:
- Brussels sprouts
- Extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- Salt & pepper, preferably fresh cracked
- Garlic powder
- Parmesan (optional)
Once you have lightly coated the Brussels sprouts in oil and spices and tossed them, transfer to your air fryer, and cook!
why i use oil to cook these brussels sprouts
I know that some people choose not to use oil when preparing foods in the air fryer. However, vegetables are going to taste so much better and have a lot more flavor when they are cooked in a light layer of oil, or fat. In addition, our bodies are better able to absorb and utilize the fat soluble vitamins in the foods we eat when they are consumed with a source of fat! Don’t be afraid to use some oil — it has health benefits AND it makes food so much more satisfying.
Serving suggestions for crispy air fryer brussels sprouts
These Brussels sprouts would be delicious in or alongside the following recipes!
- Creamy Veggie Pasta Skillet
- Smoked Mac and Cheese
- Easy Turkey Pesto Paninis
- Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Honey Garlic Chicken with Quinoa and Veggies
Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts trimmed
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Fresh cracked salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan optional
- Wash and trim Brussels sprouts.
- Transfer to a medium sized bowl and drizzle with olive oil and add spices. Toss to coat. Add seasoned Brussels sprouts to air fryer.
- Cook in air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-18 minutes, toss halfway through. Check around 15 minutes and cook for additional time if desired — I prefer mine more done / crispy, and they were perfect around 18 minutes.
- Serve hot. Top with fresh or grated Parmesan, if desired.
I hope you all love these Crispy Air Fried Brussels Sprouts! If you try them, be sure to tag me on IG at @wellnessforthewin! I can’t wait to see how you serve them up! 🙂