Daily Current Affairs: November 20, 2021
Daily Current Affairs: November 20, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (November 20, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Children’s Day – 20 November
- World Children’s Day, also known as Universal Children’s Day, is celebrated every year on 20 November to promote international togetherness, awareness among children worldwide and improve children’s welfare. This day was first established in
- Theme for 2021: ‘A Better Future for Every Child’
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates the ‘InFinity Forum’ on fintech
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the ‘InFinity Forum’ on fintech, which among other things will discuss and come up with actionable insights into how technology can be leveraged by the fintech industry for inclusive growth.
- This event was hosted by the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) under the aegis of the Government of India (GoI) in collaboration with the GIFT City and Bloomberg.
- Indonesia, South Africa and the UK are partner countries in the first edition of the forum.
Odisha Government signs an MoU with Save Life Foundation to improve road safety
- The Odisha Government signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Save Life Foundation, a non-governmental organisation to improve road safety in Odisha.
- This MoU focuses on improving road safety and emergency medical care and also aims to reduce accidental deaths on roads significantly in the next three years.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister: Naveen Patnaik
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Festivals: Dhanu Yatra, Budi Thakurani Yatra, Magha Saptami, Chhau, Dola Purnima
- Lakes: Kanjia Lake, Chilika Lake, Ansupa Lake, Pata Lake
- Folk Dances: Chhau, Gotipua, Ghumura, Ranappa, Chaiti Ghoda, Sambalpuri
- Dams: Hirakud dam, Indravati dam, Rengali dam, Jalaput dam, Mandira dam, Patora dam
- National Parks: Bhitarkanika National Park, Simlipal National Park, Nandankanan Zoological Park
Union Minister Narayan Rane launches the Special Credit Linked Capital Subsidy Scheme (SCLCSS) for the services sector
- Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Narayan Rane launched the Special Credit Linked Capital Subsidy Scheme (SCLCSS) for the services sector at Guwahati, Assam.
- This scheme will help in meeting the technology-related requirements of enterprises in the services sector and has a provision of 25 per cent capital subsidy for procurement of plant, machinery and service equipment through institutional credit to the Scheduled Castes (SCs)/Scheduled Tribes (STs) Micro & Small Enterprises (MSEs) without any sector-specific restrictions on technology upgradation.
Banking and Economy
Union Bank of India ranks third in Public Sector Bank reforms
- As per the rank list released by the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA), Union Bank of India (UBI) ranked third amongst 12 Public Sector Banks (PSBs) in the EASE 4.0 Reforms Index for Q1 FY22.
- Union Bank of India has been actively adopting the reforms initiatives recommended under the Enhanced Access and Service Excellence (EASE) agenda enabling it to retain the overall position of Second Runner Up from the last three consecutive quarters since December 2020.
Acquisitions and Mergers
Flipkart acquires a majority stake in online pharmacy SastaSundar.com
- Walmart-owned Flipkart acquired a majority stake in Kolkata-based SastaSundar marketplace that owns and operates online pharmacy and digital healthcare platform, com.
- com offers a digital healthcare and pharmacy platform supported by a network of more than 490 pharmacies.
- This company is backed by investors from Japan, namely Mitsubishi Corporation and Rohto Pharmaceuticals.
BCCI President Sourav Ganguly was appointed as the Chairman of ICC Men’s Cricket Committee
- Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) President Sourav Ganguly was appointed as the Chairman of the International Cricket Council’s Men’s Cricket Committee. Former captain of the Indian men’s cricket team Ganguly will replace Anil Kumble, who stepped down after serving a maximum of three three-year terms as he was appointed in 2012.
International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Chief Executive Officer: Geoff Allardice
- Chairman: Greg Barclay
- Motto: “Cricket for Good”
Maharashtra Government appoints Salman Khan as COVID-19 vaccination ambassador of Maharashtra
- Bollywood actor Salman Khan was appointed as the COVID-19 vaccine ambassador of Maharashtra. Maharashtra Government will enlist the help of Salman Khan to persuade people to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- National Parks: Chandoli National Park, Gugamal National Park, Nawegaon National Park, Pench (Jawaharlal Nehru) National Park, Sanjay Gandhi (Borivilli) National Park, Tadoba National Park
Awards and Recognitions
Hema Malini and Prasoon Joshi are set to be awarded the Indian Personality of the Year award at IFFI 2021
- Hema Malini and Prasoon Joshi will be conferred with the Indian Personality of the Year award at the 52nd edition of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa.
- Hema Malini is an actor-turned-politician and Prasoon Joshi is the Chairman of the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC).
Indore was declared as India’s cleanest city for the fifth time in a row
- Madhya Pradesh’s Indore was adjudged India’s cleanest city for the fifth consecutive year by Swachh Survekshan 2021. Swachh Survekshan is an annual survey of cleanliness, hygiene and sanitation in cities and towns across India launched as part of the Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM).
- Surat (Gujarat) and Vijaywada (Andhra Pradesh) were ranked as the second and third cleanest cities, respectively with a population of over 1 million.
- Earlier this year (2021), Indore was also declared as India’s first ‘water plus’ city.
Prakash Padukone receives Lifetime Achievement award from Badminton World Federation
- The former World No.1 and the first-ever Indian World Championships medallist, Prakash Padukone received the Lifetime Achievement award from Badminton World Federation (BWF).
- He is the first-ever Indian to win a medal at the World Championships in the 1983 Copenhagen tournament. He was also honoured with the Badminton Association of India’s (BAI) Lifetime Achievement award in 2018.
- Alaknanda Ashok, who is the President of Uttarakhand Badminton Association, will receive the Women and Gender Equity award.
Jason Mott and Tiya Alicia Miles are among the winners of the 2021 National Book Awards
- Jason Mott won the fiction prize for his novel ‘Hell of a Book’ at the 72nd National Book Awards 2021.
- Tiya Alicia Miles was awarded the non-fiction prize for ‘All That She Carried: The Journey of Ashley’s Sack, A Black Family Keepsake’ at the 72nd National Book Awards 2021.
Ranking and Indices
India ranks 82 in the Global Business Bribery Risk Rankings: TRACE report
- According to the report by TRACE, an anti-bribery standard-setting organisation, India has slipped to 82nd position in 2021 out of 194 countries, from the 77th rank last year (2020) in a global list that measures business bribery risks.
- According to this year’s data, North Korea, Turkmenistan, Venezuela and Eritrea pose the highest commercial bribery risk, while Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden and New Zealand present the lowest.
Andhra Pradesh Police tops among the Indian Police Foundation’s ‘Smart Policing’ index
- Andhra Pradesh Police has secured the first position among 29 states and Union Territories in the Indian Police Foundation’s list of ‘Smart Policing’
- As per the list, Andhra Pradesh is ranked first with a score of 8.11 and Telangana secured the second position with 8.10 points. Assam Police has secured the third position with an overall rating of 7.89 out of 10.
Daily CA- 20 November One Liners
|World Children’s Day – 20 November|
|Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates the ‘InFinity Forum’ on fintech|
|Odisha Government signs an MoU with Save Life Foundation to improve road safety|
|Union Minister Narayan Rane launches the Special Credit Linked Capital Subsidy Scheme (SCLCSS) for the services sector|
|Union Bank of India ranks third in Public Sector Bank reforms|
|Flipkart acquires a majority stake in online pharmacy SastaSundar.com|
|BCCI President Sourav Ganguly was appointed as the Chairman of ICC Men’s Cricket Committee|
|Maharashtra Government appoints Salman Khan as COVID-19 vaccination ambassador of Maharashtra|
|Hema Malini and Prasoon Joshi are set to be awarded the Indian Personality of the Year award at IFFI 2021|
|Indore was declared as India’s cleanest city for the fifth time in a row|
|Prakash Padukone receives Lifetime Achievement award from Badminton World Federation|
|Jason Mott and Tiya Alicia Miles are among the winners of the 2021 National Book Awards|
|India ranks 82 in the Global Business Bribery Risk Rankings: TRACE report|
|Andhra Pradesh Police tops among the Indian Police Foundation’s ‘Smart Policing’ index|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of November 20, 2021, now from the link given below.
The post Daily Current Affairs: November 20, 2021 appeared first on .