Daily Current Affairs: November 21 & 22, 2021
Daily Current Affairs: November 21 & 22, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (November 21 & 22, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Also, Don’t forget to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz – November 21 & 22, 2021, now @ our Bankersdaily Tests.
World Television Day – 21 November
- World Television Day is observed on 21 November to emphasise the importance of television as a medium that is more than just an electronic device.
- The United Nations held the first World Television Forum in November 1966.
- Television was invented by a Scottish engineer, John Logie Baird, in 1924.
World Fisheries Day – 21 November
- World Fisheries Day is observed on 21 November to focus on the fishing industry’s sustainability factors and maintain the balance between ecosystem and surroundings.
- The first World Fisheries Day was celebrated on 21 November 2015.
- Theme for 2021: ‘Mixture of the fishing industry, nature and environment and a greater focus on biodiversity’.
Union Labour and Employment Minister Bhupender Yadav flags off the first-ever All India Domestic Workers Survey
- Union Labour and Employment Minister Bhupender Yadav flagged off the first-ever All India Domestic Workers Survey to determine the number and proportion of domestic workers on a national and state level, as well as household estimates of live-in and live-out domestic workers.
- This survey will also estimate the average number of domestic workers engaged by different types of households.
Uttar Pradesh inaugurates its first anti-air pollution tower in Noida
- Uttar Pradesh inaugurated its first anti-air pollution tower of 20 m height and 9 m diameter in Noida.
- This tower has come up with joint efforts of the Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and the Noida Authority.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- National Park: Dudhwa National Park (Tiger Reserve)
- Zoological Parks: Shaheed Ashfaq Ullah Khan Prani Udyan (Gorakhpur), Kanpur Zoological Park, Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Zoological Garden
Israel and UAE are set to jointly develop unmanned military and commercial vessels
- The United Arab Emirates and Israel signed a strategic agreement in Dubai to jointly design unmanned military and commercial vessels.
- The Emirati-Israeli unmanned vessels would be able to operate semi- and fully autonomously and carry out missions including submarine detection and anti-submarine warfare.
- United Arab Emirates defence conglomerate EDGE and Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) would design the ‘170 M’ advanced modular unmanned service vessels that could be used for both military and commercial purposes.
United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Currency: Dirham
- President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Prime Minister: Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum
- Capital: Jerusalem
- Currency: Israeli Shekel
- Prime Minister: Naftali Bennett
- President: Isaac Herzog
El Salvador plans to build the world’s first bitcoin city by bitcoin bonds
- El Salvador plans to build the world’s first ‘Bitcoin City’, which will be funded initially by bitcoin bonds to promote bitcoin in El Salvador.
- El Salvador became the first country in the world to adopt bitcoin as legal tender.
- El Salvador has planned to issue the initial bonds in 2022.
- Capital: San Salvador
- Currency: United States Dollar
- President: Nayib Bukele
M. C. Mary Kom was appointed as the brand ambassador of TRIFED Aadi Mahotsav
- M. C. Mary Kom was appointed as the brand ambassador of TRIFED (Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation Ltd. Aadi Mahotsav, that was by the Union Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda in New Delhi.
Ranks and Indices
Basantgarh Police Station in the Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir ranks among the top 10 police stations in India for 2021
- Basantgarh Police Station in the Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir was the ninth-best police station in India according to the annual rankings of the top 10 police stations in India for 2021 by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The Sadar Bazar Police Station in Delhi’s North district was the best in India followed by Gangapur in Odisha’s Ganjam. Bhattu Kalan in Haryana’s Fatehabad, Valpoi in North Goa and Manvi in Karnataka’s Raichur are at third, fourth and fifth places, respectively.
The sixth edition of the Indo -France joint military exercise ‘Ex-Shakti 2021’ commences in Draguignan, France
- The sixth edition of the joint military exercise between India and France ‘Ex-Shakti 2021’ commenced at the Military School of Draguignan in France.
- The Indian Army contingent was represented by a composite team of three officers, three Junior Commissioned Officers and 37 soldiers from a battalion of Gorkha Rifles and support Arms.
Awards and Recognitions
Gallantry Awards 2021 were announced
- Indian President Ram Nath Kovind presented the Vir Chakra to Group Captain Abhinandan Varthaman during an investiture ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi for shooting down a Pakistani F-16 fighter jet during a duel over the Line of Control (LoC) on 27 February 2019.
- Naib Subedar Sombir was accorded the Shaurya Chakra (posthumously) for killing an A++ category terrorist during an operation in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Major Vibhuti Shankar Dhoundiyal was presented the Shaurya Chakra (posthumously) for his role in an operation where five terrorists were eliminated and 200 kg explosive material was recovered.
- Sapper Prakash Jadhav was presented the Kirti Chakra (posthumously) for neutralising terrorists in operation in Jammu & Kashmir.
Non-governmental organisation Pratham wins the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace in 2021
- The Non- Governmental Organisation (NGO) Pratham won the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development 2021 to improve the quality of education for underprivileged children in India across the world.
- The Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development was instituted in the memory of the former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi by a trust in her name in 1986.
Books & Authors
Smriti Irani releases her first debut novel ‘Lal Salaam’
- Union Minister of Women and Child Development Smriti Zubin Irani has released her first debut novel named ‘Lal Salaam’, which is set to be published on 29 November.
- The publisher of this book is Westland Publications.
- This novel was inspired by the tragic killings of 76 CRPF personnel in Dantewada in April 2010 and it is a tribute to the exceptional men and women who have given a lifetime of service to India, especially in confronting the challenges in the red corridor.
Lewis Hamilton wins F1 Qatar Grand Prix 2021
- Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton won Formula 1 Qatar Grand Prix 2021 at the Losail International Circuit after defeating Max Verstappen of Red Bull.
- This is his 102nd victory in Formula 1 Grand Prix.
- Fernando Alonso of Alpine secured the third position in the race.
Kento Momota from Japan clinches the Indonesia Masters Badminton 2021tournament men’s singles title
- World No.1 men’s badminton player Kento Momota from Japan clinched the Indonesia Masters Badminton 2021tournament men’s singles title after defeating Denmark’s Anders Antonsen in the final.
- An Se-Young clinched the Indonesia Masters Badminton 2021 tournament women’s singles title after defeating Japan’s Akane Yamaguchi.
India bags seven medals at the Asian Archery Championships 2021 held in Dhaka
- India won a total of seven medals, including one gold, four silvers and two bronzes, at the Asian Archery Championships 2021 held in Dhaka, Bangladesh. On the final day of the championships, India’s recurve archery teams won two silver and one bronze medals.
Punjabi folk singer Gurmeet Bawa passed away
- Renowned Punjabi folk singer Gurmeet Bawa passed away at the age of 77.
- She was best known for her long ‘hek’ (opening of a song while singing to create a melodious voice with an unbreakable wave) for about 45 seconds.
- She became popular across India after singing the Punjab folk song ‘Jugni’.
Daily CA- 21&22 November One Liners
|World Television Day – 21 November|
|World Fisheries Day – 21 November|
|Union Labour and Employment Minister Bhupender Yadav flags off the first-ever All India Domestic Workers Survey|
|Uttar Pradesh inaugurates its first anti-air pollution tower in Noida|
|Israel and UAE are set to jointly develop unmanned military and commercial vessels|
|El Salvador plans to build the world’s first bitcoin city by bitcoin bonds|
|M. C. Mary Kom was appointed as the brand ambassador of TRIFED Aadi Mahotsav|
|Basantgarh Police Station in the Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir ranks among the top 10 police stations in India for 2021|
|The sixth edition of the Indo -France joint military exercise ‘Ex-Shakti 2021’ commences in Draguignan, France|
|Gallantry Awards 2021 were announced|
|Non-governmental organisation Pratham wins the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace in 2021|
|Smriti Irani releases her first debut novel ‘Lal Salaam’|
|Lewis Hamilton wins F1 Qatar Grand Prix 2021|
|Kento Momota from Japan clinches the Indonesia Masters Badminton 2021tournament men’s singles title|
|India bags seven medals at the Asian Archery Championships 2021 held in Dhaka|
|Punjabi folk singer Gurmeet Bawa passed away|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of November 21 & 22, 2021, now from the link given below.
The post Daily Current Affairs: November 21 & 22, 2021 appeared first on .