Daily Current Affairs: November 25, 2021
Daily Current Affairs: November 25, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (November 25, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women – 25 November
- The International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women is observed on 25 November every year to eradicate violence inflicted on women and girls across the world.
- Theme for 2021: ‘Orange the World: End Violence against Women Now!’.
- The orange colour represents a brighter future that is free of violence against women and girls.
- The Declaration on the Elimination of Violence Against Women was issued by the UN General Assembly in 1993.
Union Cabinet approves the continuation of the ocean research scheme O-SMART for another five years
- Union Cabinet has approved the continuation of the ocean research scheme Ocean Services, Modelling, Application, Resources and Technology (O-SMART) for another five years from 2021–26 at an overall cost of ₹2177 crores.
- The O-SMART scheme’s goal is to provide forecasts and services based on continuous ocean observation, create technology and conduct exploratory surveys for the sustainable use of oceanic resources (both living and non-living) and promote cutting-edge ocean science research.
- This scheme would provide more comprehensive coverage over the next five years (2021–26) by strengthening the ongoing activities such as delivering cutting-edge technology to the marine domain, forecast and warning services to various coastal stakeholders, understanding biodiversity to develop conservation strategies for marine living organisms and understanding coastal processes.
Union Cabinet approves the extension of the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) for another four months
- The Union Cabinet has approved the extension of the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY), which allows for the free distribution of food grains through ration shops for another four months until 31 March 2022.
- Under this scheme, all beneficiaries covered under the National Food Security Act will continue to receive free-of-cost five kilograms of food grains per person every month.
Union Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw announces the Bharat Gaurav scheme to boost tourism
- Union Railways Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw announced the Bharat Gaurav scheme under which the theme-based tourist circuit Bharat Gaurav trains were introduced to boost the tourism sector.
- These trains could be run both by the private sector and the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC).
- The Bharat Gaurav train services will contribute to the Indian Prime Minister’s objective of showcasing India’s rich cultural history and spectacular historical sites to the people of India and the rest of the world.
- Under the Bharat Gaurav scheme, any operator or service provider or virtually anybody can lease trains from the Indian Railways to run on a theme-based circuit as part of a particular tourism package. The arrangement lasts for a minimum of two years and a maximum of the coach’s codal life. The route, halts, services supplied and most crucially, the tariff is all at the discretion of the operator.
Uttar Pradesh is set to the only Indian state with five international airports
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the much-awaited Noida International Airport in Jewar with an estimated budget of ₹5730 crores.
- This will be the biggest airport in Asia and the first net-zero emission airport in India.
- The Jewar Airport is currently under construction and its operations are expected to begin in 2024. Uttar Pradesh will have five international airports once it starts its operations.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- National Park: Dudhwa National Park (Tiger Reserve)
Odisha Cabinet approves the Odisha Electronics Policy 2021
- The Odisha Cabinet approved the Odisha Electronics Policy 2021 to promote the development of electronics and the electronics manufacturing sector.
- This policy aims to promote innovation in the electronics sector and increase the availability of skilled labour, with a particular focus on fostering a culture of research, innovation and entrepreneurship by establishing a network of interconnected academia, industry and professional leaders, as well as ensuring the growth of micro, small and medium enterprises.
- It assures a fixed capital investment subsidy ranging from ₹10 crores to ₹250 crores to electronics system design and manufacturing (ESDM) units.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister: Naveen Patnaik
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Festivals: Dhanu Yatra, Budi Thakurani Yatra, Magha Saptami, Chhau, Dola Purnima
- Lakes: Kanjia Lake, Chilika Lake, Ansupa Lake, Pata Lake
- Folk Dances: Chhau, Gotipua, Ghumura, Ranappa, Chaiti Ghoda, Sambalpuri
- Dams: Hirakud dam, Indravati dam, Rengali dam, Jalaput dam, Mandira dam, Patora dam
- National Parks: Bhitarkanika National Park, Simlipal National Park
Sweden’s first-ever female Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson resigns hours after the appointment
- Sweden’s first-ever female Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson has resigned after suffering a budget defeat in the Swedish Parliament just hours after her appointment.
- The Swedish Government’s budget proposal was rejected in favor of the one presented by the opposition.
- The approved budget aims at reducing taxes, increasing salaries for police officers and more money to different sectors of Sweden’s judiciary system.
- Magdalena Andersson was the Swedish Finance Minister before briefly becoming the Prime Minister.
- Capital: Stockholm
- Currency: Swedish Krona
Banking & Economy
Paytm Money launches ‘Margin Pledge’ feature
- Paytm Money, which is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Paytm, has launched the ‘Margin Pledge’ feature to help users access new trading opportunities by leveraging existing portfolios.
- This feature is available in Android and web versions and will be on Apple iOS soon, which allows users to pledge their stocks in return for a collateral margin and can be used for trading in stocks, Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), futures and options.
RBI imposes ₹2 crore penalty on Tata Communications Payment Solutions
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a penalty of ₹2 crores on Tata Communications Payment Solutions.It also imposed a penalty of ₹54.93 lakhs on Appni Technologies for non-compliance with certain regulations under the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 (PSS Act).
- Tata Communications Payment Solutions was found to be non-compliant with the directions issued by the RBI on White-Label ATM deployment targets and net-worth requirements.
World Bank is set to provide a $250 million loan for a school learning project in Andhra Pradesh
- The World Bank will provide a $250 million loan to a school education project in Andhra Pradesh, which will cover over 50 lakh students in Andhra Pradesh.
- These funds will be used to support Andhra Pradesh’s Learning Transformation Project, which aims to stimulate teacher professional development and provide remedial learning courses for children affected by the COVID -19 pandemic.
- Headquarters: Washington D. C., United States
- President: David Malpass
- Founded: 1944
Ranks and Indices
Gautam Adani becomes Asia’s richest person surpassing Mukesh Ambani
- The founder and Chairperson of Adani Group Gautam Adani became Asia’s richest person replacing Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) Chairman Mukesh Ambani based on group market capitalisation.
- This report was released by Bloomberg News.
JP Morgan Chase becomes the world’s most systemically important bank
- According to the Financial Stability Board’s latest annual ranking of leading lenders, JP Morgan Chase once again became the world’s most systemically important bank.
- JP Morgan Chase had been the world’s most systemically important bank in
Agreements and MoUs signed
TVS Motor signs an MoU with the Tamil Nadu Government for ₹1200 crores investment in electric vehicles
- TVS Motor has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Tamil Nadu Government for ₹1200 crores investment in future technologies and electric vehicles in the next four years.
- This MoU will have a significant beneficial effect on small and medium industries directly or indirectly associated with TVS Motor Company in Tamil Nadu.
- This investment will be mainly for the design, development and manufacturing of new products and capacity expansion in the electric vehicle space.
Science & Technology
US space agency NASA launches its first-ever asteroid deflection mission
- The world’s first planetary defense system called the Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART) spacecraft was successfully launched by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) from the Vandenberg US Space Force Base to intentionally collide with an asteroid and measure its deflection.
- It was carried aboard SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket.
- This mission provides a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to put a planetary defense strategy to the test in the real world and to protect the Earth from a potentially catastrophic collision in the future.
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Headquarters: Washington D. C., United States
- Founded: 29 July 1958
Uzbekistan’s capital Tashkent is set to host the 2025 Asian Youth Para Games
- The Asian Paralympic Committee (APC) has announced that Uzbekistan’s capital city Tashkent will host the 2025 Asian Youth Para Games.
- The fourth edition of the Asian Youth Para Games will be held in Bahrain’s Manama from 2–6 December 2021.
Former Executive Director and Company Secretary of TVS Group T. T. Rangaswamy passed away
- Former Executive Director (Finance) and Company Secretary of TVS Group Brakes India T. Rangaswamy passed away at the age of 97.
- He is the father of former Managing Director of Sundaram Finance T. T. Srinivasaraghavan (TTS).
- He was associated with several companies of TVS Group that include Lucas TVS, Brakes India and Turbo Energy for over five decades.
Daily CA- 25 October One Liners
|International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women – 25 November|
|Union Cabinet approves the continuation of the ocean research scheme O-SMART for another five years|
|Union Cabinet approves the extension of the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) for another four months|
|Union Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw announces the Bharat Gaurav scheme to boost tourism|
|Uttar Pradesh is set to the only Indian state with five international airports|
|Odisha Cabinet approves the Odisha Electronics Policy 2021|
|Sweden’s first-ever female Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson resigns hours after the appointment|
|Paytm Money launches ‘Margin Pledge’ feature|
|RBI imposes ₹2 crore penalty on Tata Communications Payment Solutions|
|World Bank is set to provide a $250 million loan for a school learning project in Andhra Pradesh|
|Gautam Adani becomes Asia’s richest person surpassing Mukesh Ambani|
|JP Morgan Chase becomes the world’s most systemically important bank|
|TVS Motor signs an MoU with the Tamil Nadu Government for ₹1200 crores investment in electric vehicles|
|US space agency NASA launches its first-ever asteroid deflection mission|
|Uzbekistan’s capital Tashkent is set to host the 2025 Asian Youth Para Games|
|Former Executive Director and Company Secretary of TVS Group T. T. Rangaswamy passed away|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of November 25, 2021, now from the link given below.
The post Daily Current Affairs: November 25, 2021 appeared first on .