Do Pull Ups Suck, Is 1 Set to Failure the Best Way to Train, Is Stress Killing Your Gains? – Episode 424
Pull ups are on every top 10 exercise list out there. But does that mean they’re really that great? Are they building your back or destroying your shoulders, elbows and wrists? Is there a better option?
What about doing 1 set to failure versus a bunch of lower intensity sets? Are you wasting your time in the gym by doing too much and killing your gains in the process? Or is there a happy medium?
Discover the shocking truth about these subjects and more in today’s episode.
- What’s the best thing you can do to improve your overhead range of motion and progress with pull ups? [1:20]
- The only protein source that matters. [10:50]
- How to avoid crushing your Central Nervous System (CNS). [11:25]
- Is there a key to optimizing your diet for leanness? [16:30]
- What’s the best approach to volume and intensity to maximize muscle growth? [24:35]
- One of the biggest influences on my career. [35:20]
- Dog updates. [40:40]
- What are my top 5 movies? [45:30]
This episode is brought to you by:
Athletic Greens – Detoxifies your body, boosts your energy, and strengthens your immune system.
Kreatures of Habit – Nutritionally functional and essential ingredients added to delicious gluten-free oats. Use coupon code “JAY20” to save.
Organifi Gold – Pain soothing herbs and phytonutrients in a delicious golden “milk” that helps you sleep like a baby.
Mentioned in this episode:
Angles90 – Use coupon code “Renegade”.
Want more ways to optimize your training and build the body you desire?
For even more great listening, check out:
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.
Could I ask you a huge favor? Can you take two seconds to leave us a 5 star review on iTunes?
Or, if you have two minutes to spare, a written review would be even better and so greatly appreciated.
Don’t know how to leave a review? Click HERE
Questions? Shoot them my way at podcast@JasonFerruggia.com