Easy Vegan Bento Box Ideas for Lunch | Vegan Meal Prep
I love vegan bento boxes for back to school and back to work lunch ideas. Today, I’m giving you 2 easy vegan bento box ideas for lunch! These colourful bento boxes split into smaller compartments, which makes it so easy to meal prep, hit every food group, and keep everything fresh until you’re ready to eat. Whether it’s for meal prep, a nutritious and affordable on the go breakfast, or packing your child’s lunch, Bento Boxes make it easy to enjoy homemade vegan breakfast or lunch on the go.
Feel free to share & print my recipes and instructions below to make your own Easy Vegan Bento Box Lunches! Or you can watch me on YouTube show you how to make it!
Related Recipe: Vegan Tofu Poke Bowl
Hi, I’m Candice & welcome to The Edgy Veg! Where I veganize food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know products of animals.
How To Make: Easy Vegan Bento Box Ideas for Lunch
Never miss a video by clicking here to Subscribe to my Channel
If you want to view or print the recipe cards, just scroll down for the full list of ingredients & simple instructions on how to make these Easy Vegan Bento Box Lunches.
Enjoy them with different variations, using whatever you have on hand, or whatever is in season where you live!
Tips on Creating Easy Vegan Bento Box Ideas
- Get a Bento Box (Lunch box): Get some appropriately sized container. They do not have to have compartments -but it’s helpful if they do! If your box does not have compartments you can use silicone cupcake liners instead to create little portion cups/dividers. I love these eco-friendly Bento Boxes made of wheat. Enjoy your lunch while also being eco-conscious!
- Get a small container for the sauce (if necessary): Store any sauces you need separately so that your meal (sandwich, salad etc) doesn’t get soggy. Pack sandwich sauces, or salad dressing separately and add to the sandwich, or salad when consuming.
- Divide the Meal into food groups: You probably (for the most part) want a nutritiously balanced meal. I like to divide my meals into; carbs, protein, vegetables, and fruits, and of course… a treat.
- Prep 2 variations of bento boxes: and alternate the type each day. For example, using my ideas below; you can make banana pancakes and also blueberry pancakes and alternate! or do the same with 2 different types of tofu sauce.
Easy Vegan Bento Box Ideas for Lunch
Easy Vegan Bento Box #1 – Mini Protein Pancakes, Hummus-Stuffed Peppers, Hemp Seed Peanut Butter, Fruit and Chocolate Chips
- Carb: Mini Protein Pancakes (basically add one scoop of any vegan protein powder to my pancake batter recipe)
- Protein: Peanut Butter topped with Hemp Seeds
- Veggies: Mini Peppers Stuffed with Hummus
- Fruits: Orange slices
- Treat: Chocolate Chips
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGAN BENTO BOX #1
- 1 cup organic, unbleached flour
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1-2 cups soy or almond milk
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder
- 1 scoop peanut butter
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- Mini Peppers
- Orange Slices or Fruit of choice
- Chocolate Chips
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VEGAN BENTO BOX #1
Make mini protein pancakes: Make the batter from my easy vegan pancakes recipe and add one scoop of your favourite vegan protein powder. Heat a pan over medium heat and then cook the mini protein pancakes as directed, but make the pancakes tiny. Easy Peasy. These are so tasty vegan both warm and cold, so if you or your child don’t have a microwave on hand- no problem- they’re still yummy. Once cooked, place mini pancakes in your bento box.
Make mini hummus cups: Cut mini peppers in half, carefully cut out stems, pith and seeds. Spread about 1 tbsp of hummus inside each pepper slice. Place them hummus side up in the bento box.
Add the rest of your items: Add a scoop of peanut butter to a silicone cupcake liner or small container, and top with a sprinkle of hemp seeds. Then add your fruit, like orange slices, and dairy-free chocolate chips to the box. Enjoy for breakfast or lunch.
Related Recipe: Vegan Pancake Recipe
Easy Vegan Bento Box #2 – Sesame & Ginger Tofu, Brown Rice, Cucumber, Carrots, Berries and Granola
- Carb: Brown Rice (or whatever rice you have on hand, quinoa works as well)
- Protein: Air-Fried Crispy Tofu with Ginger Sesame Sauce
- Veggies: Cucumber Slices and Carrot Sticks
- Fruits: Berries of choice
- Treat: Your favourite granola or homemade Energy Balls
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGAN BENTO BOX #2
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 6 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1-14oz Package Firm Tofu, pressed and cut into cubes
- cucumber slices
- Carrot sticks
- Fresh berries of choice
- Granola or homemade Energy Balls
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VEGAN BENTO BOX #2
Make your Ginger Sesame Tofu Sauce: Press the water from tofu for a minimum of 15 mins and cut into cubes. Set aside. Blend or whisk together all sauce ingredients until smooth. Pour the ginger sauce over tofu and toss to coat; allow it to marinate for 15 mins. Set your air fryer to 375F and add tofu pieces to air fryer. Don’t pour the sauce in. Set the sauce aside to be used later. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, shaking the pan every 5 mins. If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake the tofu in the oven or fry them in a pan to a level of crispiness that you prefer.
Add the rest of your items: Add one to one and a half cups of cooked brown rice and add to the bento box. Top your rice with your crispy Sesame & Ginger Tofu and add the leftover sauce on top. to a separate container to avoid any leaks or sogginess.
In a smaller section of your bento box, add sliced cucumbers and carrots, as well as berries of your choice. Add your favourite granola to the box as your treat, or you can make my energy balls recipe. Place the lid on your vegan bento box and store in the fridge until you’re ready to take it to school or work.
Related Recipe: Chocolate Energy Balls
Recipe for Sesame & Ginger Crispy Tofu
- Blend or whisk together all sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Pour sauce over drained tofu cubes and toss to coat allow it to marinate for 15 mins.
- Set your air fryer to 375F and add tofu. Set additional sauce aside.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, shaking the pan every 5 mins.
- Use marinade as additional sauce.
Click here for New Vegan Recipes from The Edgy Veg.
You guys must try these easy vegan bento box ideas for lunch & let me know what you think! Once you try it, come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating! If you make this, let me see on social! Tag @edgyveg on your photo & add the hashtag #theedgyveg in your caption so I don’t miss it!
Share these Easy Vegan Bento Box Ideas on Pinterest
The post Easy Vegan Bento Box Ideas for Lunch | Vegan Meal Prep appeared first on The Edgy Veg.