Episode 253: My Scientific Methods
“duly considered and scientifically handled” [HOUN]
The Baker Street Irregulars Press follows the success of its Professions Series (previous titles covered medicine, the law, the military, and education) continues with My Scientific Methods: Scient in the Sherlockian Canon.
The editor, Dana Richards, BSI ("The Priory School") shares with us not only his interest in puzzles and the science behind them, but also the story that led to the creation of this excellent addition to the series.
From the history of science in Victorian times, to the question of Sherlock Holmes as a scientist, to a wide variety of sciences and the connection of science and literature, there is much which every reader will find of interest in this volume and in this conversation.
If you try your hand at the Canonical Couplet (we give you two lines of poetry, you identify the Sherlock Holmes story), your correct answer could be randomly chosen to win a copy of My Scientific Methods from the BSI Press.
Send your answer to comment @ ihearofsherlock .com by December 14, 2022 at 11:59 a.m. EST. The winner will be chosen at random from among all the correct answers. All listeners are eligible to play.
For our supporters, a very special challenge is still open for you, where you'll have a chance to win six Sherlock Holmes books: The Sherlock Holmes Little Book of Wisdom, Mastermind: How to Think Like Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Holmes of Baker Street, In and Out of Character, and Conan Doyle. See what awaits on Substack or Patreon.
Download [Save As] | File size: 84 MB, 1:01:18
Listen to I Hear of Sherlock Everywhere anywhere
- Wessex Press is the premier publisher of books about Sherlock Holmes and Arthur Conan Doyle, including .
- MX Publishing is a publishing dynamo, with new titles every week. They're sure to have loads of options for your holiday gift list.
- This episode: ihose.co/ihose253
- My Scientific Methods: Science in the Sherlockian Canon (BSI Press)
- Martin Gardner (Wikipedia)
- If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look on My Face?: My Adventures in the Art and Science of Relating and Communicating by Alan Alda (Amazon)