Summer Breeze makes me feel fine.
Playing along with a challenge at Splitcoast inspired by a summertime song.
It gave me a chance to play with some of these stencils from A Colorful Life Designs.
So here's what I did to create my card.
- I cut a piece of white cardstock, placed it onto my Waffle Flower Stencil mat and laid the Surf's Up stencil over it. I inked up the sunshine with some Mustard Seed and a hint of Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide ink. I set that aside to dry.
- Next, I pulled out another piece of cardstock and carefully tore the edge, trying to give it a jagged, wavy looking edge.
- I laid that piece onto my stencil mat and inked it all over with some Tumbled Glass DOX ink. I laid the Bubble Release stencil over the inked panel and rubbed on some more Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink with a heavier hand to add the bubbles.
- I removed the stencil and splattered with my white Posca pen.
- I stamped the sentiment over the sun and then glued the stenciled sun to a white cardstock base.
- I added foam tape to the water piece I had stenciled and placed it over the sunshine which helped to pop it up, giving more interest to an otherwise flat card.
- I stamped the whale, die cut it out and coloured using some grey Copic markers. I popped that just under the waterline.
- I glued it all onto a white A2 card base.
Here are the stencils I used:
Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ADD A SENTIMENT
Dragonfly Dreams- OUTDOORS
Challenge Up Your Life- FUN IN THE SUN
The Crafter's Cafe- HUMOUR
Stamps- Flip Flop Duh-Nuh (Lawn Fawn)
Inks- DOX, Versafine Clair, Copic Markers
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Stencil Mat (Waffle Flower); Blending Brushes (TE);
stencils (ACLD); Misti (My Sweet Petunia
Source: snippets karen