French Toast Sausage Roll-Ups
I’m going to show you how to make sweet and savoury french toast sausage roll-ups recipe for breakfast in 10 mins. Using simple ingredients, you can make these french toast roll-ups that taste amazing and are fast and fun to make.
These french toast roll-ups are perfect for any age. From kids to teens to adults, these are sweet and savoury and dippable. I like to dip mine in maple syrup but you can use anything you like and top with a dusting of icing sugar.
Related Recipe: Sausage Rolls
French Toast “Sausage” Roll-Ups
I made these french toast sausage roll-ups using defrosted vegan sausages like Beyond Meat and just cut them in half to make two smaller sausages.
All you need to do to make these french toast roll-ups recipe is add all batter ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, grab some bread slices and flatten the bread (I like crusts cut off), then roll up the sausages inside the bread, dip in batter and then pan-fry until golden on all sides.
Related Recipe: Mung Bean Eggs
INGREDIENTS FOR FRENCH TOAST SAUSAGE ROLL-UPS (VEGAN):
- Plant-based Breakfast Sausages
- Medium Tofu
- Unsweetened Soy Milk
- Nutritional Yeast
- Black Salt/Kala Namak
- Vegan Butter
Optional Toppings & Garnish
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- To a high-speed blender, add tofu, soy milk, nutritional yeast, Kala namak, and vanilla and blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a shallow bowl or casserole dish.
- With a rolling pin, flatten each slice of bread and cut off the crusts.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp vegan butter in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- One at a time, place a sausage at the edge of a piece of bread and roll up tightly.
- Dip the rolled-up sausages into the tofu mixture, rolling to coat thoroughly, and pan-fry in the skillet until all sides are golden brown, 3 to 4 mins.
- Serve with cinnamon sugar, maple syrup, fresh fruits, hot sauce, or hot honey.
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their
by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Brunch Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!