Homemade Chipotle-Honey Vinaigrette
This Chipotle-Honey Vinaigrette mimics the uber-popular salad dressing served at Chipotle Mexican Grill. It’s the perfect tangy, sweet, and smoky sauce to accompany your favorite, salad, burrito bowl, or pico de gallo recipe. If you’re looking for a quick condiment that can be made using pantry ingredients, keep reading!
There are two things in this world that I refuse to do: Beg and wait in line. Sadly, I have done both at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Now, If you know anything at the popular burrito chain, you know their salad dressing is the bomb. That being said, you may also know how stingy they can be with their special sauce. Before I started making my own chicken fajita salads, I would visit Chipotle Mexican Grill weekly for my fix. My constant request for “extra dressing” made me feel shameful. Was I the only person dissatisfied by the teaspoon portion of their Chipotle-Honey Vinaigrette?
I recently decided that enough was enough. My goal was to find this salad dressing recipe and make my own. You can find almost anything on the internet. Not only did I find the copycat vinaigrette recipe in seconds flat, but I also had all of the ingredients on hand. Add this vinaigrette to this delicious 6-Ingredient Chicken Fajita Salad.
Breakfast Jam, condiment, and sauce recipes are so quick and straightforward to make. One of the reasons I was determined to find and make this recipe was greed. I’m very greedy when it comes to my salad dressing. I know people who like to dip their salad in dressing, but I prefer a sauce-y salad. Regardless of how you prefer your salad, this vinaigrette will make it 10x better. Adding it to other, premade salads and meals is a win also.
What is Chipotle Salad Dressing Made of?
This recipe calls for a total of eight ingredients, but I am sure you have seven of them in your pantry! The chipotle peppers in adobo sauce might be the only ingredient you need to shop for. The salad dressing consists of the ingredients below. Blend them until smooth for the perfect Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette.
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- Vegetable Oil
- Dried Oregano
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Garlic Cloves (chopped)
Chipotle-Honey Homemade Vinaigrette | FAQ
- How do you store homemade vinaigrette dressing? Once you’ve mixed all of the ingredients listed above, pour into a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. * A tight lid makes it easier to shake up when you’re ready to use again.
- How long does chipotle-honey vinaigrette last? If stored properly, this vinaigrette should last for up to four days in the refrigerator.
What is chipotle pepper in adobo sauce? Chipotle chiles are dried smoked jalapeños. Adobo is a tangy, slightly sweet red sauce. Put them together in a can, and they become a versatile pantry staple.
- What is a Chipotle pepper in Adobo sauce substitute? Mix 1 tablespoon tomato paste (or if you must – ketchup), one tablespoon cider vinegar, one teaspoon chipotle powder (or smoked paprika/cayenne powder mix), 1/2 teaspoon cumin, a pinch of oregano, a pinch of garlic powder, and a pinch of salt. Adjust these proportions to fit your recipe best.
I genuinely thank you for visiting my blog. If you enjoyed this homemade Honey-Chipotle Vinaigrette, please share it with your friends and family and on social media. If you happen to try out this recipe, please tag me. I’d love to share your creations in my stories with credits to you! Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.
Chipotle-Honey Vinaigrette (Copycat)
- 6 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 2 whole Chipotle Peppers in adobo sauce
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 whole Garlic Cloves
- All ingredients to mini-chopper and blend until smooth.
- Use immediately, or refrigerate salad dressing for up to two weeks.