How does content work in the world today?
I hope you’re enjoying the new format of the Marketing Companion as much as I am. Rotating through expert co-hosts allows me to expand the conversations and go deep into pressing marketing issues like how content works today.
The new episode will blow you away. The next companion is Jay Acunzo. Jay is well-known as a popular speaker, author (Break the Wheel), and podcaster (Unthinkable), but what I admire him most for is his craft-like approach to creating content. Nobody thinks more deeply about how content works in this world than Jay.
And that’s why this conversation is so exceptional.
Jay and I don’t necessarily see eye-to-eye on where the world is going, which makes this episode particularly compelling and fun. Listen in and learn:
- How reach, resonance, and relevance are intertwined and evolving into something new in a post-SEO world,
- Why expertise is a commodity on the web … or is it?
- Does the famous idea of 1,000 True Fans really work? Is that a rational monetization strategy for creators? (Jay and I disagree on this).
- We blow up the notion of monetizing an audience into some practical and rational ideas.
This was so good. As soon as the episode dropped, I had to listen to it again. How does content work in the world today? This episode will take you in new directions. Just click below to listen in and don’t forget to subscribe to the show here!
Other ways to enjoy our podcast
- Try this! “Alexa, play the latest episode of The Marketing Companion.”
- Click here to download the latest episode or subscribe on iTunes
- Listen to us on iHeart Radio
- Find us on Google Play
- Find the podcast on Stitcher
- Complete Marketing Companion Episode Guide
Resources mentioned in the show:
Please support our extraordinary sponsor. Our content is free because of their generosity.
Understanding your marketing video’s performance can be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Vidyard’s online video marketing platform is a magnet for your needle. Host all your videos, measure their impact and integrate them into your email, content, and digital marketing strategies. This is the video CRM solution! All Marketing Companion fans can click here to try Vidyard today, for free.