How To Host A Fall Themed Dinner + Some Inspiration
What to eat and drink for your fall fest dinner
- SOUP! I love the idea of a cozy fall soup for this cozy fall dinner.
- And if you do soup, serve it in BREAD BOWLS.
- PUMPKIN or APPLE PIE — yum!
- APPLE CIDER. Not only is this the perfect fall drink, it’s also going to make your house smell amazing.
- A FALL-THEMED CHARCUTERIE BOARD. Pile on all the yummy meats, cheeses, nuts, dried fruit, and other fall themed snack foods.
- ROASTED ROOT VEGGIES. It doesn’t all have to be carbs!
- CIDER DONUTS. Ok, now I want these. Trader Joe’s has some you can buy, or you can make your own.
Look how gorgeous these bread bowls and this fall charcuterie board look!
Other little details for your fall fest dinner.
- Give your kids Halloween pajamas so they can wear them all month long!
- Read some fall themed books before bed (my sister has a whole post about some great ones HERE).
- Choose a new fall-ish chapter book to start that night (we read a new Harry Potter book every fall so I bought the illustrated version of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and we started it that evening after our fall fest dinner!)
- Watch a fall movie together. The girl who gave us this idea recommended You’ve Got Mail or Remember the Titans, but other good options might be Fantastic Mr. Fox, Rudy, October Sky, While You Were Sleeping, and I’m sure you can think of more!
- Burn a candle for the first time this season
- Make everyone wear flannel or plaid for the fall fest dinner
Seriously you should start this tradition in your home!
Doesn’t this sound like the best tradition? I love when you guys share your traditions and it brings new, happy traditions into our homes.
If you throw your own fall fest, make sure you snap a picture for your instagram or instagram stories and tag me (@merricksart) so I can see!
The post How To Host A Fall Themed Dinner + Some Inspiration appeared first on Merrick's Art.