iOS 15.2 Features, Release Notes, Bug Fixes (Coming Soon!)
Apple has released iOS 15.2 RC version with build number 19C56 to both Developers and Public Beta testers! If everything goes to plan, this will also be the public version of iOS 15.2 and should be released to all compatible iPhones in a couple of days!
iOS 15.2 Release Date
Monday, December 13, 2021 is the most likely release date for iOS 15.2! This estimation is based on Apple’s past software update routines.
iOS 15 was released on Monday, September 20. iOS 15.1 became available on Monday, October 25. iOS 15.0.1, iOS 15.0.2 and iOS 15.1.1 have been unplanned bug fixing updates and they don’t follow a clear pattern. Check out the iOS 15 release timeline for more details!
Other potential iOS 15.2 release dates are: Thursday (December 9) and Tuesday (December 14). Stay tuned! We will update this article as soon as iOS 15.2 is rolled out!
iOS 15.2 Download
- 1. Browse for Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- 2. Tap on Download and Install.
- 3. Be patient until iOS 15.2 is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed on your iPhone.
- 4. Device will automatically reboot to mark the end of the update process.
- 5. Provide your Passcode and follow the on-screen setup steps.
Important: Right now, iOS 15.2 RC is only available for Public Beta subscribers. You can become one for free by enrolling your iPhone in the Apple Beta Software Program. This requires you to download the iOS 15 Beta Profile. A step-by-step guide is available here.
Fact: The iOS 15.2 update file is 5.24 GB large.
iOS 15.2 Release Notes
The Release Candidate version includes the full update log. In most cases the public release will provide identical release notes.
The highlighted features on the iOS 15.2 Software Update screen are:
- Apple Music Voice Plan – a new cheaper Apple Music subscription that allows access only with the help of Siri.
- App Privacy Report – informs you how often apps have accessed sensitive info such as location, microphone, camera, photos and contacts over the past seven days!
- New safety features for children and parents in Messages.
iOS 15.2 Features
- Digital Legacy allows you to assign loved ones or friends as trusted contacts that will be able to access your iCloud data and personal info after your death.
- Macro Photo Control toggle can be enabled in Settings and allows you to manually switch between the Ultra Wide lens to capture macro photos and videos on the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max.
- Hide My Email is now available in the Mail app for iCloud+ subscribers. It allows you to easily created and use unique, random email addresses.
- New Store tab in TV app – allows you to browse, buy and rent movies and TV Shows all in one place.
- CarPlay Enhancements – improved city map in Apple Maps with road details like turn lanes, medians, bike lanes and pedestrian crosswalks. (Only for supported cities!)
- Find My can locate iPhone for up to five hours when the device is in Power Reserve mode.
- Delete or rename tags is now possible in the stock Reminders and Notes apps.
iOS 15.2 Bug Fixes
- Siri might not respond when VoiceOver is enabled and iPhone is locked.
- ProRAW photos may appear overexposed when viewing in third-party photo editing apps.
- HomeKit scenes that include a garage door might not run from CarPlay when iPhone is locked.
- CarPlay might not update Now Playing information for some apps.
- Video streaming apps might not load content on iPhone 13 models.
- Calendar events might appear on the wrong day for Microsoft Exchange users.
However, we’ve reported many other bugs occurring in iOS 15.1 and iOS 15.1.1. They could be fixed, although not mentioned in the update log. Below you can find a list. Try to replicate them and let us know if they’re still occurring in iOS 15.2 or not:
- Cellular data not working on iPhone after iOS 15.1 update.
- Screen time bug showing unreal usage times for various apps and websites.
- To be updated.
iOS 15.2 Bugs
If you spot any new issues in this release, please use the comments section to report them to us. We will try to replicate and find any available workarounds or fixes.
- To be updated.
Have you already updated to iOS 15.2 RC version? What’s your feedback? Share it in the comments section.
Related: Alongside iOS 15.2 Apple will also release iPadOS 15.2 (19C56), watchOS 8.3 (19S55), macOS 12.1 RC (21C51).